Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBAY, Good Sellers recomended
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: EBAY, Good Sellers recomended Reply with quote

Please post your Positive Ebay experiences where a seller has done more than asked for or gone the extra mile etc for you.

MartinM42 Good easy transaction, item well described very knowledgeable well packaged and delayed postage as per my request as I was going on holiday. Currently selling 200+ M42 lenses many seem to be rare, high quality and unusual.
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/martin42mm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Hungarian seller (can't recall the name Wink ) who in addition to selling me a nice 135/3.5 Nikkor also gave me an invite to a very good forum...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex-photo (recommended Russian favourite)
ausriver (Cheap camera stuff)
blyatnikov
bsa_79 (recommended Russian favourite)
confdntart (recommended Russian favourite)
cowy07 (cheap chinese camera gear)
goshotcamera
grizzly33bear (recommended Russian favourite)
joshuacohen
lai0486 (Cokin Filters)
naive-buyer (don't be scared by his name Laughing )
roxsen (Recommend mechanical gear only)
vcc113 (wein hotshoe)

I have purchased at least on two separate occasions from each of the sellers above...no problems.
I actually thought the Chinese, followed by the Russians would be the least reliable, but my most expensive purchases on Ebay are credited to the Russians and reliable delivery were from the Chinese I list above.
AS with any purchase on Ebay, I do my homework on the seller and as with any online purchase...I take a gamble with a new seller who crops up after I am satisfied I won't get ripped off.
I find the Russians and similar neighbors to be the most reliable and informative, valuing their customers (ensuring a return purchase as in my case)...it is their way of making a living and their reputations are important to them. BUt you do get some bad apples and I know of a few to avoid just by checking their feedback, wording in description of photo, and avoid those crappy one photo shots of items on sale. I hope if you use any of the sellers I mention above you don't get screwed, but I have not as yet. I had one seller send me a complete Sunpak pro flash (those huge buggers) as a replacement for one I got that did not work and also from another seller, a replacement lens. Be polite and patient and mostly all works out for all involved.
My only two bad experiences from Ebay sellers were from my own native country...Australia...go figure
Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**BEST SELLER** Big_Is
http://stores.ebay.com/big-is-camera

I bought from this seller 5 custom FA adapters Contax/Yashica to Canon EOS.
The adapters work beautifully also on my 5D (that is a very finicky camera when it comes to adapters). They are very safely locked to the lens mount and the FA chip is a new design.
The best part is that the adapters are provided with correct focal lenght upon request. This makes it a lot easier to tell, even after some time, which lens took which photo that day, just by looking at the exif.
Every adapter comes with a bonus Canon EOS rear lens cap.
By purchasing quantity you can obtain good discount.
I want to warmly recommend this seller for the quality of his products, the very good prices, and the speed of the service. He is now one of my preferred vendors and I will certainly buy from him further more.

Orio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/stil22/

I've bought several lenses from him and I really don't think eBay can get better than in transactions with this seller. Well organised, professional seller, excellent items, shipped fast, replies fast.

Originally found this seller in another discussion here, Attila recommended him warmly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I bought in march or april a 35/24 CZJ, 135/3,5 CZJ and a lenshade. Recomended

Funkykoval2001

Cameraext

Heavystar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox wrote:
Quote:

I've bought several lenses from him and I really don't think eBay can get better than in transactions with this seller. Well organised, professional seller, excellent items, shipped fast, replies fast.

Originally found this seller in another discussion here, Attila recommended him warmly.

I have had exactly the same experience

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiro is the very nice person and honest/responsible ebay seller. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I had many experiences with different sellers, but stil22 remains one of the most professionals (bought from him more than once) ... Fast shipping, quick reply to mails, no need for immediate payment of a lens when you are bidding on more than one of his auctions and the other auction ends up two weeks later ...

In short, highly recommended ...

Best regards

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
**BEST SELLER** Big_Is
http://stores.ebay.com/big-is-camera

I bought from this seller 5 custom FA adapters Contax/Yashica to Canon EOS.
The adapters work beautifully also on my 5D (that is a very finicky camera when it comes to adapters). They are very safely locked to the lens mount and the FA chip is a new design.
The best part is that the adapters are provided with correct focal lenght upon request. This makes it a lot easier to tell, even after some time, which lens took which photo that day, just by looking at the exif.
Every adapter comes with a bonus Canon EOS rear lens cap.
By purchasing quantity you can obtain good discount.
I want to warmly recommend this seller for the quality of his products, the very good prices, and the speed of the service. He is now one of my preferred vendors and I will certainly buy from him further more.

Orio

I'm buying from them outside the ebay environment, will probably buy one more 20pcs package of AFC chip for Canon. By this I don't have much profit as the price doesn't decrease much, indeed I was expecting this by sacrificing feedback. Till now I've bought over 700USD goods from them. One time they have forgotten my order but they made a full refund for them. Indeed I'm still looking for some chip and adapter seller that can give reasonable shipping price, paying +100USD for a small package is not logical...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_is one of the best perhaps best in this area this is my opinion too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got some lenses from MartinM42 and can recommend him highly - there was a misunderstanding (mine) about payment, but this gentleman was a model of professionalism and courtesy throughout.

He's all out of lenses for now, but I'm hopeful for the New Year Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

This guy is AWSOME! Not only does he sell VERY good glass, he treats his customers great. He emailed me on two occasions simply asking about my heritage for some odd reason. Very Happy My name tipped him off to my Swedish background. A real nice guy and a great seller. I just received my Triotar from him. Excellent ++ condition. 39.00 USD Very Happy

I cant say enough about this guy. I bought 4 lenses from him and plan on buying more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunny_Spells from the UK gets a nod of approval, he's been selling heaps of M42 lenses of late, I ended up with 2 of them as well as a M42 to PK adapter. Instead of me asking he offered to add all my items I was bidding on to the single shipment saving me a bit of money. I don't get the impression he's a full time trader but maybe someone rationalising the lens collection. His product descriptions are honest and he gets my heads up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
Esox lucius wrote:

This guy is AWSOME! Not only does he sell VERY good glass, he treats his customers great. He emailed me on two occasions simply asking about my heritage for some odd reason. Very Happy My name tipped him off to my Swedish background. A real nice guy and a great seller. I just received my Triotar from him. Excellent ++ condition. 39.00 USD Very Happy

I cant say enough about this guy. I bought 4 lenses from him and plan on buying more.

Agree~ describe clear with clear photos and very reasonable shipping quote. I got 5 or 6 from this seller already and will consider more for M42.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraziestOzzy wrote:
alex-photo (recommended Russian favourite)

Although alex-photo has very good and fast communication, the lens I bought from him was described with clean optics, but the coating on the back element was full of scratches from the inside. Most likely a cleaning attempt that didn't go as planned Wink and smelled like it had been in a basement for some time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought my Sonnar MC 135mm 3.5 from this seller. The item was just perfect, he's got some other M42 lenses. Delivery was a bit slow ( 2 weeks ) but shipping costs were more than fair : 5.50£ Cool

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/cancel_myaccount2006/

another excellent seller, but i don't recall what i bought from him, surely a lens Laughing no problem at all.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/snappyone/

I add another seller, from whom i've bought mostly film. Amazing choice and prices.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/nixdigital

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Purchase from SCSAMBROOK Reply with quote

I recently had a very enjoyable experience purchasing a lens from SCSAMBROOK (Stephen) through the Marketplace on this forum. It was more than a wham,bam,thank you mam procedure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a Nikkor 28/3.5 AI K-type for $50 from chad6714 who has 100% positive feedback and whose prices seem reasonable.

As Bjorn Rorslett says: "IR performance: If your interests veer towards IR, you should try to get the older "K" version of this lens which has a small rear element. This model performs marvellously for IR and don't show any tendency towards forming a hot spot in the recorded IR image. Image sharpness in IR is almost unbelievably superb." I am looking forward to trying this when my IR-converted 10D arrives.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunny-spells - I too can recommend him, a very pleasant chap, he used to post test shots at flickr taken at f/8 with all lenses he sold and thoroughly examines what he sell.

alex-photo - the one instance when I bought from him (several items) I was dissatisfied. One lens had fungus, a J-12 had a moderately scratched rear element and such, another lens had a deep gouge in the front element and human/cat hair (!) inside the rear element. After some mailing back and forth I returned everything to the Ukraine and then he complained that the items were OK until he too saw the hair in the back of the lens and refunded me. So an amicable solution was reached in the end.

cupoq - seller from Slovakia (many Meopta products, M42 lenses, Flexaret TLRs, oodles of filters etc.). Sometimes slightly higher prices but he and his associates CLA most items so they do work. A bit high shipping costs sometimes but well packed. One can also inquire if he has a certain item that he has not listed on eBay, I got an I-61LD plus a heap of filters that way.

kernowmac - have bought at several times filters, adapters, lens caps and such. Every time he included something extra free of charge.

1204_mcgee - a Gentleman (yes, capital "G") from the UK. He was newly retired during the summer and sold then off some of his collection of FSU photo gear (he said in a mail he had hundreds of cameras/lenses/misc. gear). Had oodles of m39 lenses for sale at one point. I bought a Zorki-1B from him. Only when he remarked that it has a higher value as a collectible did I read up on the model and found out that it has a very soft body shell, he agreed to sell me a Zorki-1E instead (for less money) and sold the 1B to the next highest bidder. Upon receiving the camera I noticed its collapsible Industar-22 was in fair condition (moderately to heavily scratched), immidiately he sent me one I-22 and one I-50 free of charge. Through all of this he was most friendly when we communicated.
Can't recommend enough (as of October 2009 it seems he hasn't anything for sale).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: EBAY good sellers recommended Reply with quote

Hi, I would also like to praise still22,I have bought a number of items from Spiro and have always received more than excellent treatment,items are as described and shipped immediately,strange thing I most times receive item from Greece faster than item delivered by Canada post.Regards

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention this person : tpolony whom i bought several times. For me even better than stil22 !

Many M42's and description is always fair, prices are very honest , for example i bought lately a Pentacon 50mm at 17£ , Tessar is 22£ he's got also plenty of cameras in 42 mount and much more. Fast and low shipping prices . he's in UK by the way

I highly recommend Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matsuiyastore Kanagawa, Japan http://myworld.ebay.com/matsuiyastore/
3rd time I buy a lens from them, and this time they really went over and beyond what is called customer service. USD 30 for shipping

Jan 25 12:15 Helsinki time
Purchased on eBay

Jan 25 14:07 Helsinki time
En route YOKOHAMA KANAGAWA Branch
Kanagawa prefecture 221-9699

Jan 26 18:39 Helsinki time
Arrival at outward office of exchange
TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch Tokyo metropolis 138-8799

Jan 26 21:17 Helsinki time
Dispatch from outward office of exchange
TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch Tokyo metropolis 138-8799

Jan 27 10:31 Helsinki time
Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, International arrivals

Jan 27 12:03 Helsinki time
Transit from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport

Jan 27 12:54 Helsinki time
Received from transit to Itella Logistical Center 01010

Jan 27 13:45 Helsinki time
Scanned by Finnish Customs 00100 Helsinki 10/Main Post
Ready for pickup and customs formalities (15mins of queue and 5 mins of documents + cash)

I count only 50 hours from pressing YESSSS!!! on PayPal to item being cleared for pick-up. This must be some kind of a world record for Japan to EU? I would have gotten my hands on it already today if I had been online and refreshed the tracking page in time Very Happy, now I have to wait until tomorrow morning before I can rip open the box Razz

matsuiyastore, arigatoo gozaimasu!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Member MF-addicted Reply with quote

Member MF-addicted selled me a trioplan 100 2.8 :
lens as described , works great, quickly shipped and well packaged.
Very good communication and honest price

I highly recommand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have brought multiple adapters from rainbowimaging and hoods and stuffs from heavystar, respond and ship very quickly, highly recommended.