Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 vs Canon FD 28mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:06 am    Post subject: Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 vs Canon FD 28mm f2.8 Reply with quote

For a video review click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQUEhnloNq8

The 2 lenses, both in mint condition

F8

Wide open - f2.8

Stopped down to f8

f8, infinity

And the last one

Personally I prefer the Pentax, but I know other people love their FD lenses. How about you?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the Pentax too. brighter and less green. Somehow the Canon underexposes a bit. The magenta/green scale is more to magenta in the Pentax and more towards green in the Canon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A win for the Pentax. I have the FD 28 and a Zuiko 28mm 2.8. I should compare them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two Pentax-M 28/2.8 and you have the first version which was superseded with a new, improved version, which is the same as the one used on the Pentax-A 28/2.8

This test isn't giving any useful info to compare relative sharpness of both lenses. As somebody that has owned both lenses, for wide open performance my money is on the FDn 28/2.8 being a better lens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I like the M version better than the A version. Nicer bokeh. Both are more than sharp enough.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flavio81 wrote:
There are two Pentax-M 28/2.8 and you have the first version which was superseded with a new, improved version, which is the same as the one used on the Pentax-A 28/2.8

This test isn't giving any useful info to compare relative sharpness of both lenses. As somebody that has owned both lenses, for wide open performance my money is on the FDn 28/2.8 being a better lens.

Though I have used a Pentax-M 28/2.8 since 1981, I would tend to agree.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flavio81 wrote:

Yeah, it seems to me more a comparison for video purposes. Biggest difference in that case seem to be the colors. By the way, I haven't yet used a classic 28mm that I like more than my Pentax K 28mm f/3.5.