Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M-4 58/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Helios 44M-4 58/2 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a copy of this lens but I think I'm missing something...

My copy, when I depress the "ricoh pin", I do not get the aperture blades to do what they're supposed to. Apparently, there is a circular lever somewhat inside the back of the lens (the top portion of the first shot), if engaged, the aperture blades do engage....

Is there a way to engage this lever at all times?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the MC version of this lens.

Pressing the pin on the bottom of your photo, the aperture blades move and the pin at the top moves.
Moving (not pressing) the pin at the top, the aperture blades move as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These later versions (from m-4 didn't have a manual A/M switch). It was handled by the camera I think or there wasn't a manual mode.

You need an adapter that presses the switch or disable the mechanism.

https://youtu.be/-BxLnveJ2yU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you push the pin the aperture baldes should move (if another aperture than f2 is selected of course). If you push inside and it works, it must just be something with the pin. You can unscrew the back, it's very easy to see inside how it's working ; just check inside what's going on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will open it and check - yeah, the Ricoh pin kinda just sits there and nothing happens, unless I manually move the other lever (with a pencil or thin object as it is indented).

I think a regular google search should give me infor about the insides of this lens (I've done open many Pentax Manual lenses before...)

thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not a Ricoh pin but a auto aperture lever. I think it was disabled in order to use the lens on digital.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Thats not a Ricoh pin but a auto aperture lever. I think it was disabled in order to use the lens on digital.

Well, there is both - ricoh pin at bottom, aperture lever top (as per my photo). Or did I miss it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will only find Ricoh pins on k-mount lenses designed for the Ricoh system. They are infamous because they can make the lens get stuck on Pentax AF bodies. The pin was proprietary to Ricoh because Pentax would not let other companies use the Ka mount (K-mount with aperture set on body via a contact). So Ricoh made their own work around.

example:
Note the pin at the bottom left by Robin Parmar, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
You will only find Ricoh pins on k-mount lenses designed for the Ricoh system. They are infamous because they can make the lens get stuck on Pentax AF bodies. The pin was proprietary to Ricoh because Pentax would not let other companies use the Ka mount (K-mount with aperture set on body via a contact). So Ricoh made their own work around.

example:
Note the pin at the bottom left by Robin Parmar, on Flickr

Thank you for this clarification!!!