Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem adapting Fujinon 55mm f1.6 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Problem adapting Fujinon 55mm f1.6 M42 Reply with quote

Hi,
I am having hard time using this lens http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1410.html on my Fuji X-t2.
I have tried on different M42->Fuji X adapters, it screws in, but either the aperture ring does not move, or it moves freely but the blades do not close (it works everything fine if I stop down and manually push the pin on the back of the lens, when it is unscrewed).

Any suggestions?

Fantastic lens by the way.

Thank you.

Last edited by wolan on Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your adapters are either too wide and lock the protruding lip on the aperture ring, or don't have the flange to push in the aperture pin. You need to look for an adapter that would be EBC or SX-compatible. I am sure other Fuji users discussed this topic at length.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with my M42 Voigtlaender (Rollei) lenses and didn't find a proper adapter to push the pin. Solution was a drop of Loctite super glue to fix the aperture pin in the right position.
That's not the most sophisticated method but it works very well. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use several screw-mount Fujinons on my Pentaxes. All have had the little lug on the rear of the aperture ring filed flat to prevent fouling (brutal but necessary!) and I too use a drop of superglue on the aperture pin to lock it in position.

Be very aware that cyanoacrylate adhesives emit a vapour that will condense on glass and can be difficult to remove. Work in a well ventilated area, apply the adhesive with a small applicator, NOT straight from the bottle, and allow to fully dry over several hours before fitting lens caps or mounting it on a camera. Over-cautious ... probably, but you don't want to be trying to clean deposit off the rear element or the mirror or sensor!

Good luck and enjoy ... it's a great lens Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I solved the problem. The adapter I bought on ebay comes with a ring to be laid in front of the adapter to keep that pin pushed when the lens is screwed on.
Let us see one long it will take me, to lose it...

Cheers.