Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony E/NEX lens to Leica L/M camera mount adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Sony E/NEX lens to Leica L/M camera mount adapter Reply with quote

I am looking for a lens adapter/converter similar to the Fotodiox Mount Adapter for Canon FD Lens to Leica M-Series Camera. However, the lens is a Sony E/NEX mount and the camera body is a leica L/M mount. Is there such a thing or will I need more than one adapter to achieve the desired outcome? I should note that I am trying to mount my Sony 28-75mm lens to a Fotodiox Pronto Pro (manual to autofocus adapter) which only accepts Leica L/M lenses to NEX camera body (Sony A7iii). Adorama says they don't carry this item... only the reverse. Any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the aperture is controlled electronically on E-mount lenses, you'll have to find an adapter -- if one even exists -- that will enable you to dial in an aperture value. Good luck in your search. I reckon if anybody makes one, Metabones might be one place to look.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the point to use a Sony AF lens on M mount body? There is a tri-elmar 24-35-50 made for M mount cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may misunderstand what you are trying to do here, but if you are going to mount a Sony E mount lens onto a Sony E mount camera why do you need adapters? Of course just about anything can be done but whether it makes sense to do so is another matter.

On the other hand, doing nonsensical things can be fun. The AF of the lens won't work nor will its electronic aperture. And since the Fotodiox adapter and the Sony E mount to Leica M mount adapter will add extension to your optical system, infinity focus won't be possible. But using the front ring of a cheap screw mount chinese extension ring set (Sony E to M57) a stepping ring from M57 to M39 (or several to attain the same result) and a M39 to Leica M adapter it can be done.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
I may misunderstand what you are trying to do here, but if you are going to mount a Sony E mount lens onto a Sony E mount camera why do you need adapters? Of course just about anything can be done but whether it makes sense to do so is another matter.

On the other hand, doing nonsensical things can be fun. The AF of the lens won't work nor will its electronic aperture. And since the Fotodiox adapter and the Sony E mount to Leica M mount adapter will add extension to your optical system, infinity focus won't be possible. But using the front ring of a cheap screw mount chinese extension ring set (Sony E to M57) a stepping ring from M57 to M39 (or several to attain the same result) and a M39 to Leica M adapter it can be done.

Its unlikely that this dude won't be back looking for this answer but I think this is what he wants:

He has the Techart LM-EA (or similar) adapter for Sony A7R, they only come in LM fit. He was asking if he can get a Canon FD to LM adapter so his Canon lens will autofocus on his full frame Sony.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Its unlikely that this dude won't be back looking for this answer but I think this is what he wants:

He has the Techart LM-EA (or similar) adapter for Sony A7R, they only come in LM fit. He was asking if he can get a Canon FD to LM adapter so his Canon lens will autofocus on his full frame Sony.

I did read in his post that he has the Techart clone. He wasn't asking about Canon FD to LM though, but Sony E to LM. This obviously makes little sense, as everyone who responded pointed out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

I did read in his post that he has the Techart clone. He wasn't asking about Canon FD to LM though, but Sony E to LM. This obviously makes little sense, as everyone who responded pointed out.

Sony to LM, giving the OP the benefit of the doubt I was assuming he'd written that the wrong way round and meant LM lens to Sony. Otherwise yeah, makes no sense