Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro Revuenon (Enna) 24mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Macro Revuenon (Enna) 24mm f/4 Reply with quote

I received this one today, together with the Pentacon 24mm.
Took some quick snapshots inside to test, it's really bad weather here right now... but results look good to me, so looking forward to better weather!

All pics wide open, unfortunately the crop is a bit noisy, but you can see it's quite sharp wide open. MFD is 18cms, and it goes to infinity at 2mtrs.

The lens:

Macro Revuenon 24mm f/4 by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

Macro Revuenon 24mm f/4 by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

The testshots, from above: at 18cms, at infinity, crop of infinty shot:

Testshot Macro-Revuenon 4/24 by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see this lens in action.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it out for some more "playing around". This is a keeper, imho it is a good lens. The following pictures are UNprocessed, all i did was convert from RAW to jpeg. The weather was not on my side... so only one picture outside, it was a grey day, taken at f/8. The inside pictures are all shot at f/4 (wide open on this one), handheld, no flash, ISO100.

Revuenon 4/24 TESTSHOTS by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little brother of the plastick-y 135/2.8 we discussed some months ago.. (black cheap plastic, silver showoff ring..)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me!

Enna is a funny company - early lenses had mediocre optics in nice barrels, late lenses had excellent optics in mediocre barrels.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Indeed it is plastic.... but that doesn't make it bad. I have heavy, metal built lenses that are total crap.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try too this lens, closer distance is great stunning sharp at close-up even wide open, infinity performance is acceptable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me too! Love your display boxes!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!! Credits for the display boxes go to my wife ! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks nice. I am probably picking one up this weekend as well.

Good choice in literature btw. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Propellor: you made me look back at the picture, lol! Thanks!

You don't see these lenses to often for sale, there's one on the bay, made me say "WOW" about the price... I hope you are getting it cheaper than that proce as well!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had a copy. Like the other Enna lenses I had it had nice center performance but bad extreme corners. I liked it anyway, nice character, unique colors. I did regregt selling the Enna lenses I had.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon 24 mm? Never heard about.
Are the testshots film, ff or crop?
What parasoleil is on the camera next to the Praktica SuperTL?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen: shots were made on Sony crop camera.

Yes, Pentacon 24mm. Japanese made, i think Sigma:

Pentacon 24mm f/2.8 by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

The lenshood on the Kodak came with the camera, as far as i can remember there wasn't a brandname on it, i don't have it anymore.

Kodak Retinette 022 by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers.
I never heard about that lens, never found it in literature. Could be you made a discovery. I would like to see how it performs on film.

I have the Retinette myself and thought about getting a lenshood for it. It's difficult to find anything in this thread diameter these days.

I recently bought the 24 mm Enna macro by mistake. (It is the Porst incarnation and was offered as 24/1,4.) Way too expensive, at least I hope it will perform ok.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lens and had been satisfied with it at crop DSLR. For example it had been taken by Samsung NX11:

However I was disapointed to discover, that it blocks the mirror at Canon 5D. I had some hopes for it on the FF camera. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try that lens today upon Samsung NX30. Will try to present more photos later. Discovered, that it is not so bad, but nothing especial. However, there it does the very good job at the night photos: