Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another Blue Heron -- Brazos Bend State Park (Texas)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Another Blue Heron -- Brazos Bend State Park (Texas) Reply with quote

Craig's shot of a blue heron reminded me of my recent trip to Brazos Bend. This is an excellent park for birders, but it wasn't so great when my friend and I went out there. I did find a lone blue heron, though. He was situated in some shallows, about a quarter mile away. I had my Tamron 500mm f/8 mirror mounted to my Sony NEX 7 and a tripod. The following two images are 100% crops. Best I could manage. I did a very small amount of post processing to each image. Some slight high pass sharpening and a bit of EV adjustment -- they were slightly overexposed.

I thought the Tamron held up very well at that distance. The day was only slightly warm for Southeast Texas, that is, in the mid-80s F. So no convection currents to screw up the shots.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the ~1/4-mile distance, these look great, Michael. Smile

Your specimen appears not quite to adulthood,
just a bit older than the one I've been seeing.
I'll have to review the shots I grabbed a day or two ago
and see how they compare.