Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

History of the post-war Leica range
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: History of the post-war Leica range Reply with quote

Article from a 2002 edition of Amateur Photographer magazine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Edgar.
Nice article.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I's most kind of you, Edgar, to take time off in the middle of the holidays to scan and upload all these nice articles I've been enjoying here in the past few days. It's a great holiday present for all of us here and I know how much work this represents. Thank you and all the best in the New Year to you and your family.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
I's most kind of you, Edgar, to take time off in the middle of the holidays to scan and upload all these nice articles I've been enjoying here in the past few days. It's a great holiday present for all of us here and I know how much work this represents. Thank you and all the best in the New Year to you and your family.

+100 ! Like Dog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JJ & Olivier - I hope you both enjoyed Christmas and a happy new year to you both! Friends

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deeply appreciated, Edgar.

I wish you too a very happy New Year to you and all your relatives.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for taking the trouble to prepare and upload this informative piece on the post-War Leicas.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chhayanat wrote:
Many thanks for taking the trouble to prepare and upload this informative piece on the post-War Leicas.

Welcome Turtle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in the British Army in Germany in Berlin in 1957, a Camera dealer would come to our Military Hospital where i worked and he had a pre-war Leica iii with scratched 50mm f2 Summitar or a pre-war Contax III with 50mm f1.5 Sonnar -- so i bought the Contax for equivalent of £38 and paid it off monthly. Then when I was sent to BMH Iserlohn back in the British Zone (safely away from the Russians!) in the Canadian Maple Leaf store you could get a NEW IIIf with 50mm f3.5 Elmar for £45 !! I didn't get one as I had the Contax already, but the 50mm f1,5 Sonnar was un-coated and could 'flare' easily but I took some good flash shots with a Braun Hobby Automatic I got for £14 new on early Agfa CT18 film. I can Post some examples in the 'lens sample' section if you like.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please do, Pete, and post the link in this subject. Wink Like 1 small

I have a 1941 Leica IIIc with a Summitar 2/5cm with haze and separation issues.

Dispite that, the lens gives some results.

The Leitz Summitar 2/5cm mounted on Fuji XPro2 (Apsc format, so uses the more correct center of the lens)

Results unprocessed, direct jpg from camera.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the 'Link' to my uploaded photos on pre-war uncoated 50mm f1.5 SONNAR on Contax III

http://forum.mflenses.com/pre-war-50mm-f1-5-zeiss-sonnar-on-contax-iii-t79702.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pete

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine thread !