Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Makinon 35mm f2.8, what mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Auto Makinon 35mm f2.8, what mount? Reply with quote

Hi!

I just recently got into photography when I got a Canon EOS 1000D/Rebel XS this Christmas, and quickly discovered, after some researching, that you can use old manual lenses which costs a lot less!
Anyway, I started buying cheap M42 lenses and I'm very happy about this possibility. However, the other day I made a mistake and bought this one which isn't M42. So, my question is what mount is this? And is there an adapter that fits my Canon?
There seems to be very little info when I google for this specific lens, I get a lot of hits on the 135mm and 28mm, but not the 35mm.

Here's some pictures of the lens:

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Makinon 35mm f2.8, what mount? Reply with quote

Yes -- doubles removed.

Last edited by kansalliskala on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kansalliskala!
I'm guessing new members aren't allowed to post pictures?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Minolta MD. Conversion only makes sense with specific lenses not this one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Minolta mount which has a shorter mount to sensor distance than Canon EF, so you lose infinity unless you get an adapter that has a lens in it, which degrades the image.
Maybe you can post a for trade ad in the market place for something similar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks

I've had this lens for quite some time now and I am curious what version this lens is?,seems Abit never that it's preducessor?

Auto Makinon 35mm F/2.8 , serial nr 1740499

Seems really rare, can't find it on the web ANYWHERE, nothing on eBay.

I want to sell it since it's rare apparently 🤔

Please help me out, take a look :

[IMG]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadacross1983 wrote:
. . .

Please help me out, take a look :

[IMG]http://forumbilder.se/H7P4G/img-20180809-124514.jpg?width=150[/IMG]

Welcome, Cadacross!

As an anti spam measure, new members aren't allowed to post photos or links in their first message. I've copied your image here:

As far as the lens itself, I can't tell you anything about yours. In general though, I believe most Makinon lenses are considered to be consumer grade and thus not very valuable. But one never knows... you might find a mad collector who's dying to have your lens!

mflenses.com has a buy / sell / trade Marketplace. Here's a link:
http://forum.mflenses.com/marketplace-f34.html