Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron BBar Multi C. 2.8/28 Canon T3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Tamron BBar Multi C. 2.8/28 Canon T3 Reply with quote

Bought this lens recently. CY mount. It can focus up to about 8 inches.
Here are a few shots, hope these are okay. Contrast added
Does lens seems good? I think it's nice so far.
Comments and criticisms welcome.

Last edited by uddhava on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good enough to me!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Looks good enough to me!

Thanks. I'm glad to hear it because it was kind of an impulse buy.
I like it though so I am happy I bought it.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the pictures look good. I've had this Tamron for a few years and rarely use it, but when I do I'm always pleased with the results.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Yes, the pictures look good. I've had this Tamron for a few years and rarely use it, but when I do I'm always pleased with the results.

Thanks. Nice to hear this from someone who owns the lens.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tamron 28mm F2.8 is a great lens. At F5.6 the image quality is uniformly good, corner to corner, even in FF.

The Tamron is better than Pentacon 29mm F2.8 with the exception of resistance to flaring and ghosting, when the Pentacon is better.

To give an idea, the Tamron 28mm f2.8 wide open is as sharp as the Helios 44M-4 at the same opening F2.8.

The only problem I noticed in theTamron is a high sensitivity to decentering. Just change the tightness of the retaining rear of the back optical group for some decentering appears.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have the Tamron 28mm f2.8 and f2.5..are they basically the same Question

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

I would say that both lenses have the same DNA. The Tamron 02B is the successor to the CW-28. The optical diagrams are very similar (7 elements - 7 groups), but the individual lenses are different.

The CW-28 is considerably heavier. The 02B is slightly faster, F2.5 versus F2.8. The CW28 has a switch to change the diaphragm control from automatic to manual.

Tamron says that CW-28 is multicoated, but as is usual in almost all lenses, some optical surfaces are left single coated. I believe that 02B has more multicoated surfaces than the CW-28 because the 02B is a newer design.

I cannot tell about differences of performance because I only tested the CW-28. I suspect they perform very similarly.

I forgot to say in my previous post that the color rendering of the CW-28 is much cooler than the Pentacon 29mm F2.8.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

I would say that both lenses have the same DNA. The Tamron 02B is the successor to the CW-28. The optical diagrams are very similar (7 elements - 7 groups), but the individual lenses are different.

The CW-28 is considerably heavier. The 02B is slightly faster, F2.5 versus F2.8. The CW28 has a switch to change the diaphragm control from automatic to manual.

Tamron says that CW-28 is multicoated, but as is usual in almost all lenses, some optical surfaces are left single coated. I believe that 02B has more multicoated surfaces than the CW-28 because the 02B is a newer design.

I cannot tell about differences of performance because I only tested the CW-28. I suspect they perform very similarly.

I forgot to say in my previous post that the color rendering of the CW-28 is much cooler than the Pentacon 29mm F2.8.

Looking at both lenses.....If it means anything the rear lens on the F2.5 has a larger diameter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more from this lens. Canon T3.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the early Adaptall I think, which seems to be the same as the later compact version of the Adaptamatic.

Quite a decent lens on APS-C.

Good work!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
This is the early Adaptall I think, which seems to be the same as the later compact version of the Adaptamatic.

Quite a decent lens on APS-C.

Good work!

Thank you.