Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A couple with the Tamron 105mm f2.5 (CT-105)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: A couple with the Tamron 105mm f2.5 (CT-105) Reply with quote

Both wide open, iso 3200 with noise reduction at -2. jpg's straight from camera. Just resized.

The Fortnite Kid - bathed in the glow of the world wide game phenomenon...

The Icecream Kid - just been fed a spoonful of icecream and she rewards with a warm smile of awesomeness...

Nice lens Very Happy

Last edited by RnR on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick levels adjust in faststone - it's free and just the ticket for some quick and easy editing:

Yeah the 105mm is a good one, mind you they're all good, the 105mm, all the incarnations of the 135mm, the 200mm adaptamatic/adaptall, all rather similar in fact. The 105mm has a relative scarcity cachet and IMO is a more practical FoV on apsc so desireable for that. But given that its price is often on the same level as a SP 90mm macro, well I would go for that lens over the 105mm just about every time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys!

marcusBMG wrote:
Yeah the 105mm is a good one, mind you they're all good, the 105mm, all the incarnations of the 135mm, the 200mm adaptamatic/adaptall, all rather similar in fact. The 105mm has a relative scarcity cachet and IMO is a more practical FoV on apsc so desireable for that. But given that its price is often on the same level as a SP 90mm macro, well I would go for that lens over the 105mm just about every time.

I have the 90mm and the 135mm f2.5 - just slowly going through them all with the new Fuji + Speed Booster setup. Have to field the 90mm soonish, but I also have some nice Contax Zeiss pieces and some other nice Vivitars Very Happy

And thanks for your edit. I had set the floating iso to be max 3200 and fixed the shutter speed, so the camera was unable to adjust according to the conditions. My bad. Like I said the Fuji is new Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite good. In good lighting I suspect it would look amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems two tamron 105's. One is called Adaptamatic, which looks like Nikon 105mm; the other one is called Adaptall 105mm, which looks slightly shorter. Yours is? I guess the optical formula is different judged by the dimensions of the lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
There seems two tamron 105's. One is called Adaptamatic, which looks like Nikon 105mm; the other one is called Adaptall 105mm, which looks slightly shorter. Yours is? I guess the optical formula is different judged by the dimensions of the lenses.

Updated the title - thanks for the headsup! Had never heard of the older version.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see from these legacy tamron pages, the specs are very similar.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/ct105.htm

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/lm105.htm

The latter lens can also be found with an adaptall mount but it's rare- the earliest adaptalls were mount updates of the adaptamatic lenses, see for example the 300mm f5.6.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of more in good light... just resized from camera jpg. No added sharpening. Either wide open or at f2.8.

Edit: please click through - I think the forum software does something that robs the images of their sharpness Crying or Very sad