Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A couple with the Tamron 105mm f2.5 (CT-105)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: A couple with the Tamron 105mm f2.5 (CT-105) Reply with quote

Both wide open, iso 3200 with noise reduction at -2. jpg's straight from camera. Just resized.

The Fortnite Kid - bathed in the glow of the world wide game phenomenon...

The Icecream Kid - just been fed a spoonful of icecream and she rewards with a warm smile of awesomeness...

Nice lens Very Happy

Last edited by RnR on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick levels adjust in faststone - it's free and just the ticket for some quick and easy editing:

Yeah the 105mm is a good one, mind you they're all good, the 105mm, all the incarnations of the 135mm, the 200mm adaptamatic/adaptall, all rather similar in fact. The 105mm has a relative scarcity cachet and IMO is a more practical FoV on apsc so desireable for that. But given that its price is often on the same level as a SP 90mm macro, well I would go for that lens over the 105mm just about every time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys!

marcusBMG wrote:
Yeah the 105mm is a good one, mind you they're all good, the 105mm, all the incarnations of the 135mm, the 200mm adaptamatic/adaptall, all rather similar in fact. The 105mm has a relative scarcity cachet and IMO is a more practical FoV on apsc so desireable for that. But given that its price is often on the same level as a SP 90mm macro, well I would go for that lens over the 105mm just about every time.

I have the 90mm and the 135mm f2.5 - just slowly going through them all with the new Fuji + Speed Booster setup. Have to field the 90mm soonish, but I also have some nice Contax Zeiss pieces and some other nice Vivitars Very Happy

And thanks for your edit. I had set the floating iso to be max 3200 and fixed the shutter speed, so the camera was unable to adjust according to the conditions. My bad. Like I said the Fuji is new Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite good. In good lighting I suspect it would look amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems two tamron 105's. One is called Adaptamatic, which looks like Nikon 105mm; the other one is called Adaptall 105mm, which looks slightly shorter. Yours is? I guess the optical formula is different judged by the dimensions of the lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
There seems two tamron 105's. One is called Adaptamatic, which looks like Nikon 105mm; the other one is called Adaptall 105mm, which looks slightly shorter. Yours is? I guess the optical formula is different judged by the dimensions of the lenses.

Updated the title - thanks for the headsup! Had never heard of the older version.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see from these legacy tamron pages, the specs are very similar.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/ct105.htm

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/lm105.htm

The latter lens can also be found with an adaptall mount but it's rare- the earliest adaptalls were mount updates of the adaptamatic lenses, see for example the 300mm f5.6.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of more in good light... just resized from camera jpg. No added sharpening. Either wide open or at f2.8.

Edit: please click through - I think the forum software does something that robs the images of their sharpness Crying or Very sad