Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lunar Eclipse with Canon nFD 2.8/100mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Lunar Eclipse with Canon nFD 2.8/100mm Reply with quote

During the recent lunar eclipse we had perfect weather conditions, and the air was quite clear. Thus i biked on top of a nearby hill from where i had a good view to "Pilatus" mountain near Lucerne, trying to take a few nice images. The whole scenery was much darked than i had expected, and thus even the 2.8/400mm L was too slow. Using the nFD 2.8/100mm, however, was fun Wink

I tried to capture the slightly spooky reddish light as good as possible. The "glow" around the moon is not real, of course; it comes from the LoCAs of the Canon lens, but i like it the way it is.

Re-sized JPG out of Sony A7 with minor corrections in photoshop
Sony A7, ISO 2000, AE-1, 3.2"
Canon nFD 2.8/100mm at f2.8

Manual focusing was rather difficult; in fact i had to make a series of images with slightly varying focus.

Next time i would take the Nikkor 1.8/105mm, of course ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picture, love the color of the sky!
Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I managed to get my new Canon nFD 500/8 out and capture some shots of the moon, I'll try and post the pics soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1