Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another Blue Heron -- Brazos Bend State Park (Texas)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Another Blue Heron -- Brazos Bend State Park (Texas) Reply with quote

Craig's shot of a blue heron reminded me of my recent trip to Brazos Bend. This is an excellent park for birders, but it wasn't so great when my friend and I went out there. I did find a lone blue heron, though. He was situated in some shallows, about a quarter mile away. I had my Tamron 500mm f/8 mirror mounted to my Sony NEX 7 and a tripod. The following two images are 100% crops. Best I could manage. I did a very small amount of post processing to each image. Some slight high pass sharpening and a bit of EV adjustment -- they were slightly overexposed.

I thought the Tamron held up very well at that distance. The day was only slightly warm for Southeast Texas, that is, in the mid-80s F. So no convection currents to screw up the shots.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the ~1/4-mile distance, these look great, Michael. Smile

Your specimen appears not quite to adulthood,
just a bit older than the one I've been seeing.
I'll have to review the shots I grabbed a day or two ago
and see how they compare.