Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 lens on Mamiya M645
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: M42 lens on Mamiya M645 Reply with quote

Is this possible? To mount M42 lenses on Mamiya M645? I know it might not make much sense.

I bought one of this tilt shift adapter for Mamiya M645 lens but I only have 1 M645 lens and it is not even wide angle and I have many many M42 lens. I tried google but could not find anything. Have you ever see or use such adapter? I fully understand 35mm lens will not cover the full frame of medium format but since I will only be shooting with my 35mm DSLR, I think this should be fine.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by my_photography on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly possible heavy vignetting, none of the M42 lens will cover 6x4,5 frame. Perhaps there is some exception, perhaps..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say, M42 lenses will not (generally) cover the 6×4.5 format, so using on an actual Mamiya M645 would be quite pointless.

Using on a TS adapter with M645 mount could be possible with some trickery, but since the adapter obviously has positive thickness (it does not sink deep inside the camera on which it is mounted), it acts like an extension tube and therefore you could only do macro. The small imaging circle of the lenses would also make TS less useful.

Both of the above are reasons why I would be very surprised if you were to find a ready-made adapter for this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer Primotar 3.5/135 will cover 645 frame but isn't wide angle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the extension M42 lenses have on a M645 body, pretty much any M42 lens should cover 6x4.5 - but you'll be in the deep macro or even micro range, somewhere past 1:1.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I can find away to mount the M42 to the M645 adapter...

The alternative is to get some M645 lens. Oh no ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literaly flange distance is not supporting that bayonet. Once have been trying some m42 glass and as was stated is possible only for macro or short focusing distance. Done once portrait with handheld in front of Pentacon six my Nikkor 135/2.8 QC and was done close head portrait. No light leak due shooting in shade though.