Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashinon DX 40mm F1.7 converted to Sony E mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Yashinon DX 40mm F1.7 converted to Sony E mount Reply with quote

Thought I would share a couple of my other conversions as of late, and I said to lightshow I would show him this one a while back, this one comes from a Yashica GX 35

This is actually the easiest lens I have done, If you use the body cap itself to create the holes for the focus rails all you need to do is adjust the base of the lens to the correct distance to give you infinity focus

The sharpness is superb and it's a nice small lens. I have done the conversion to the yashinon 45mm F1.7 from the Yashica 35 GS, but I rate this lens higher in regards to colour and sharpness

Sorry I don't mean to spam this section, but I was doing some product images today and thought I would do these too for people that might be interested

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicely done Like 1 small
I used body cap too years ago. but now I prefer thin M42-NEX adapter or reverse ring adapter to NEX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job!

I have a broken 35CC (35/1.8 lens) lying around here, maybe I should give it a try...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great conversion. I use NEX to C Mount for most of my conversions, all metal and very thin.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fotga-Canon-mount-NEX-3-Adapter/dp/B009GFX1C4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468857420&sr=8-2&keywords=c+mount+to+nex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Great conversion. I use NEX to C Mount for most of my conversions, all metal and very thin.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fotga-Canon-mount-NEX-3-Adapter/dp/B009GFX1C4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468857420&sr=8-2&keywords=c+mount+to+nex

The opening is too small if you use the lens on a FF camera. Better use Click here to see on Ebay or thicker one Click here to see on Ebay .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the long delay...family matters,

Yeah the only thing we really get here are the body caps, I always mean to get some of the reverse ring adapters but always procrastinate.

with this lens in particular using the body cap made it very easy to convert, almost the perfect thickness and used the body cap for the rail guides

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris_Akunin wrote:
Good job!

I have a broken 35CC (35/1.8 lens) lying around here, maybe I should give it a try...

I actually tried to do a conversion on one of those, spacing isn't an issue at least but there isnt a manual iris in the lens, I sort of screwed the conversion up as I tried to install one but couldn't get enough space.

I must say I am very impressed with the 40mm, the 45mm from the electro GS was fantastic but this lens surpasses it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. Was looking for a fix to the 40-45mm. Among mirror old lens like that found nothing. Came across alterations from rangefinder cameras. Saw a photo of this yashinon 40mm and 45mm on Sony A7. The Chinese comrades even made an adapter specifically for the 40mm. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camera-Adapter-For-COLOR-YASHINON-DX-40mm-F1-7-35GX-40-1-7-Lens-to-Sony-NEX/371926349513?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

p/s I'm not good friends with a hammer and chisel, but what the hell can I try ) Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask, what's the second smallish lens is for?

Is it just a decoration, or it had some functional purpose?
I've seen an old bodies with a second lens for viewfinder, could this be it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:
May I ask, what's the second smallish lens is for?

Is it just a decoration, or it had some functional purpose?
I've seen an old bodies with a second lens for viewfinder, could this be it?

It is a photocell that measures the light for setting the auto-exposure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
It is a photocell that measures the light for setting the auto-exposure.

Thanks for the info, dan_.

Even if it's useless today, I love the unique look.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely job. i use a nex reversing ring and file off the filter thread.
most of my conversions are to m39 now, then i can use the lenses on other cameras. anyone any idea where i can get m39 male threads cheaply?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Yashica Yashinon-DX 40mm/1.7 has become my favorite standard-carry lens the past year. This thread and others here have been very inspirational and informative. Tried it again today.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I appreciate I'm five years late to this discussion, and maybe most of you are no longer here, but I'm looking for further info on how this conversion is done. Unfortunately half the links in this thread no longer work either.

Could the OP or anyone else point me to a step-by-step guide on converting the 40mm to E mount? I've found a few guides to the 45mm but I understand this is a little different.

Will I need a 3D printer or can I get away with grinding adapter rings? Which ring is best to use as the basis?

Any help appreciated as I'm keen to use my mint 40mm.

TIA.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a nice conversion. Didn't know you can do a conversion on the lenses. I need a guide to it. www.concretecontractorsrochestermn.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really great. That is a great combination of camera and lens. Thanks! driveway repair fayetteville ar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to ask the model of the Sony camera that you have there. Roofing Company Cincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

petersongame217 wrote:
It is really great. That is a great combination of camera and lens. Thanks! finger lakes realty

I agree with you. That camera is definitely the best one! engagement photographer atlanta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diplo2020 wrote:
petersongame217 wrote:
It is really great. That is a great combination of camera and lens. Thanks! finger lakes realty

I agree with you. That camera is definitely the best one! engagement photographer atlanta

It was really the best combination. I bought a set of it and I got a great shot! I recommend it a lot! click

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welded wire fencing  
This is nicely done, mate! Looking good.
fencing charlotte junk removal charlotte nc