Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[SOLD] SMC Pentax 50mm f/1.4 "K50/1.4"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: [SOLD] SMC Pentax 50mm f/1.4 "K50/1.4" Reply with quote

SOLD!
ebay.com/itm/283058395836

Shipping: worldwide

(If you make me an offer, mention your username. I rather sell to someone who knows what they're buying than the sort of brainless moron one sometimes has to deal with on ebay, so forum members get a bit of a discount.)

The lens has one defect, the aperture doesn't stay open all the way (I'd estimate it's at ~f/1.7 when the aperture ring is set to f/1.4).
The aperture can be opened all the way by moving the aperture lever but it doesn't stay that way once you let go of it.
The aperture blades are undamaged, clean and move with little resistance (they're not stuck or anything),
I think the fault lies in the spring mechanism that keeps the aperture open (and lets it close to the set aperture just before taking the shot).
As a side effect, the actual aperture opening is about 1/2 stop off the setting on the aperture ring (e.g. when the ring is set to f/4, the actual opening is more like ~f/4.8).
I would guess that this fault could be fixed fairly quickly by someone who's got some experience and the right tools at hand,
I'd rather not try it myself (I fear I'd just do further damage instead)...