Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

World Cup in Paris with SOM Berthiot Edimar 2.8/85
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: World Cup in Paris with SOM Berthiot Edimar 2.8/85 Reply with quote

In those days Paris was quite a spectacular scene of human species came to celebrate the World Cup. A neat Edimar is tested on a custom adapter and with a cupboard diaphragm put on the front, at around f4-5.6.

I did not use it consistently, as I did not have a viewfinder on my NEX what made it difficult to focus under the bright sun. It gives some idea of the lens anyway.

Initially I thought it was a triplet but looking at the results I have some doubts. What kind of optic formula might it be?

#2 Close range

#3 Mid range object separation from background

#4 The lens performs well also in far range

#5 With auto contrast applied colours are pleasantly vibrant

#6 A bokeh test

#7 An interesting "additional bokeh" effect when the lens is not tightly adjusted to the adapter hole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always found using a Berthiot lens challenging especially on a smaller camera body.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

Same experience here with SOM lenses! Original Hermagis ones however are easy to use!