Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 61LZ a7ii
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Industar 61LZ a7ii Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I should take mine outside again, thanks for reminding me!
It's the only relatively compact macro-lens that I have, so no excuse to leave it in the drawer Idea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Chris, as usual! Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak.. many thanks.I have many macro lenses and accessories but the 61LZ always suprises me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Edgar...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sertgum....thanks,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple more,,,,,,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Sjak.. many thanks.I have many macro lenses and accessories but the 61LZ always suprises me.
It depends a bit on the use I guess.

For product pics (e.g. for sales ads) I prefer the Volna-9. But that is also more "clinical", so not my 1st choice for flowers. The 61LZ has a bit wilder character. Both have the star shaped bokeh btw, a nice detail.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 very nice Chris!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took mine out for a stroll tonight.... somehow I only used it indoors, where the lens is not really in its element. Camera-jpgs, just resized for internet viewing.

I will take this out more often for sure!

*edit* pics made with Fuji X-T1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a passing question ... are the Industar 61 L/Z lenses you guys using actual native macro lenses or are they "ordinary" SLR (Zenit?) lenses used with an extension tube? If the latter, does anyone have a direct comparison of the Industar 61 L/Z and an "ordinary" Industar 61 from the FED rangefinder cameras?

I've been fascinated by the concept of the "Lanthanum glass" since I saw it mentioned in a Russian camera catalogue in the 1960's, but I only ever acquired the N-61 and will admit to not having used it very much Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Industar 61 L/Z and the rangefinder Industar 61 are very different lenses. The rangefinder I-61 is a pretty unremarkable lens; not bad but not outstanding in any way; its greatest quality is the low price, and by extension, the excellent quality-per-currency-ratio.

The L/Z is a 1:2 macro lens. I use it in combination with a helicoid adapter, so I can close in even more (this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M42-FX-Pixco-mount-adapter-with-helicoid-M42-lens-for-Fuji-film-X-mount-adapter/123237942876?hash=item1cb18dc65c:g:k10AAOSwr8xZ5bw6 )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
The Industar 61 L/Z and the rangefinder Industar 61 are very different lenses. The rangefinder I-61 is a pretty unremarkable lens; not bad but not outstanding in any way; its greatest quality is the low price, and by extension, the excellent quality-per-currency-ratio.

The L/Z is a 1:2 macro lens. I use it in combination with a helicoid adapter, so I can close in even more (this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M42-FX-Pixco-mount-adapter-with-helicoid-M42-lens-for-Fuji-film-X-mount-adapter/123237942876?hash=item1cb18dc65c:g:k10AAOSwr8xZ5bw6 )

Very many thanks for the prompt, concise and detailed reply. This answers all my questions Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to the helpful details above, I found myself an Industar-61L/Z at a price I considered reasonable. It arrived today and so far I'm quite pleased with it Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun with it Congrats