Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

compur adjuster socket....what is it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: compur adjuster socket....what is it? Reply with quote

Spotted this dkl device during my treasure hunts. Trying to parse its function. Anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing the lens elements from similar to this

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think it is this one Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the base part of a edixa electrica lens? Incomplete?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
So the base part of a edixa electrica lens? Incomplete?

Incomplete yes, but a Rodenstock Ysarex lens for Kodak Retina Reflex
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! I'd never noticed the front finger-grip knurling (or lack of it) before. A quick "Google" suggests early Retina-Xenars, (judging by serial number), did not have the front grip, relying just on the knob for focussing. Later lenses, like the one I own, have this grip, as shown on the picture above.

If I was still collecting Kodaks this could be a whole new area of research for me ... as it is, it's just a point of interest Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: compur adjuster socket....what is it? Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Spotted this dkl device during my treasure hunts. Trying to parse its function. Anyone?

this part often appear on sale, this is spare part only, to replace the original part which often has mechanism problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I have been trying to find unusual adapters and hoped this might be one. The add for the device does specifically say edixa electronic though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Thanks! I have been trying to find unusual adapters and hoped this might be one. The add for the device does specifically say edixa electronic though.

The Edixa "Electronica" uses the same (or very similar) "DKL" lens mount as the later Kodak Retina Reflexes, (and some others, eg, Braun and Voigtlander), though it's a rather scarcer camera. I'll suggest this part is manufactured by Dekel as a spare (hence the "Compur" badging), and may well be "universal", to be fitted with the aligned glasswork and name-ring from whichever lens manufacturer, Rodenstock, Schneider-Kreuznach, Enna, Steinheil or whoever.