Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Weird soviet camera in ebay slider
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Weird soviet camera in ebay slider Reply with quote

Hi fellows, it makes some time I haven't posted here, due to work and a growing COVID-related use of smartphone, which is just easier to wipe after walk. So coming back with a curiosity.

Noticed today a really strange Soviet film camera in the first page slider of French ebay. Here it is

Where did they take it from? Not just a trivial Zorky or FED which it resembles, but a name I've never heard of. And, visible, no one in the net. Have you stumbled upon the Soviet photography trademark Pamyat?

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just FED-2 MkII (FED-2b, FED-2 version 2 or whatever you might want to call it).
Might be some honorary award copy, might be (and probably is) Photoshop.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamyat is the Russian word for memory.

Possibly a branding that was used for a short time?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fed 2.
https://pacificrimcamera.com/catalog/th_bj12.htm definitely less common than the other 2.

Seems to be a transition version between this one

And this one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked through a series of web pages to set where this camera or this image might come from and I am inclined to the suggestion by Alex TG about Photoshop. No other trace of Pamyat camera or inscription on FED is showing.

But that looks pretty mysterious, is not it? As if a French graphic designer (or someone hired on outsourcing somewhere in the third world) wished to pass a secret message to someone through the ebay slider.