Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 8mm/4 Fisheye Filtermatic repair / disassembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Sigma 8mm/4 Fisheye Filtermatic repair / disassembly Reply with quote

Sigma 8mm/4 Filtermatic fisheye lens has option to change filter that is inside the body, and to do so there is button on it to open it. While i was out shooting with it somehow i managed to press pin that locks two parts of the lens together and front end kept separating from the rest of the lens.

after it layed around for couple of months i finally got around to fixing it. to do so i first had to remove large front glass. that is accomplished by unscrewing the ring with writing on it.

be careful after removing front glass, because smaller glass element beneath it is not fixed, so it doesn't fall out and damages itself.

to fix the pin i had to unscrew the metal part fixed with 2 phillips head screws and flatten it because it has been bent and that why the pin wasn't locking the parts of the lens.

reassembly of the pin mechanism was a bit of pain in the ass because small parts.

to reassemble front part of the lens just go back in reverse, small glass element, large front element, screw in front ring with lettering (and thin rubber ring before it). now pin locks two parts of the lens together.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done post with very detailed images