Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Tele-Auto 1:3.5 f=200mm ø62 no.83384
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Soligor Tele-Auto 1:3.5 f=200mm ø62 no.83384 Reply with quote

Trying to figure out who made this oddball but no luck so far. Can't find any matching lens online, M42 mount, A-M switch ring, close focus is 3.5m, 6 blades. Decent performer but nothing special, soft wide open but sharp on 5.6.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to reverse a spring for aperture and removed some of the mechanics to make it work with adapters so A-M switch is not in business anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Soligor Tele-Auto 1:3.5 f=200mm ø62 no.83384 Reply with quote

[quote="roglebk"]Trying to figure out who made this oddball but no luck so far. Can't find any matching lens online, M42 mount, A-M switch ring, close focus is 3.5m, 6 blades. Decent performer but nothing special, soft wide open but sharp on 5.6.

Silver aperture ring and rubber focus ring is a unique combination, which leads me to believe it is more of a "modern" lens. Ebay now has a very similar looking one with serial no. starting with 3 (sun made). The copy you have has a different first digit sn. Could it be made by Sun at very earlier stage before Soligor contracted with them to make many? Just my speculation.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ebay one might be a bit later with MC but sure look similar, closer focus though. Not sure what time period 5 digit sn is either.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8****** serial number might be Mitakon? 3******* is generally thought to be Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitakon was in business back then? Or do you mean Makinon? Anybody seen a 5 digit sn lens starting with 8?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the performance like? Vivitar marketed some 200/3.5s back in the 70s that were made by Komine. Performance wise they were acceptable once stopped down some. (I own two, one in Canon FD, and one in Nikon F) The ones I own have metal focusing collars however. I dunno if Vivitar marketed later version with rubberized collars.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Decent performer but nothing special, soft wide open but sharp on 5.6." This applies to lot of our babies though Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Soligor Tele-Auto 1:3.5 f=200mm ø62 no.83384 Reply with quote

[quote="vivaldibow"]
roglebk wrote:
Trying to figure out who made this oddball but no luck so far. Can't find any matching lens online, M42 mount, A-M switch ring, close focus is 3.5m, 6 blades. Decent performer but nothing special, soft wide open but sharp on 5.6.

Silver aperture ring and rubber focus ring is a unique combination, which leads me to believe it is more of a "modern" lens. Ebay now has a very similar looking one with serial no. starting with 3 (sun made). The copy you have has a different first digit sn. Could it be made by Sun at very earlier stage before Soligor contracted with them to make many? Just my speculation.

The engraving is pre-modern (before 1975 c/d series) .. circa 1970
Sun manufactured lenses for Soligor LONG before nearly all c/d lenses were from Sun (1979 and upwards) ie : t2 180/400 5.6 zoom lens
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-180-400mm-f5-6-t2-rear-aperture-preset-t70284.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/my-new-monster-180-410-aetna-rokunar-t35839.html