Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unknown lens mount, request for recognition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Unknown lens mount, request for recognition Reply with quote

Long ago in a set with different lenses, there was a modified minolta rokkor 50.1.7 for an unknown mount.
What is the lens mount?

More photos:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/ggzedur6/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown lens mount, request for recognition Reply with quote

siudym wrote:
Long ago in a set with different lenses, there was a modified minolta rokkor 50.1.7 for an unknown mount.
What is the lens mount?

Czołem! Smile
Considering the small diameter and the decreased F2F distance (register), I would guess that it's some sort of rangefinder mount (guess is the important word here).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown lens mount, request for recognition Reply with quote

siudym wrote:
What is the lens mount?

Now the more I look at it, the more I suspect this is an Exacta mount (the key word here is suspect - some small progress on the road to certainty).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is shaped like Exakta but is too small, and Exakta has a locking pin that I don't see in these pics.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I interpret your photos correctly, then the diameter of the mount is 44mm, correct? This list:

https://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html

lists mounts by register but also shows their diameter. If the converted lens is made to reach infinity focus, the register of the mount should be 8 to 10mm less than Minolta SR mounts 43.72mm. So maybe the original 4/3 mount (not micro)?