Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD-II 50-135mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD-II 50-135mm f3.5 Reply with quote

Came to me this lens (Minolta MD-II 50-135mm f3.5) Wanted the MD-III version but it is very difficult to get it. In the far field not very. (soap on one side, I hope to cure) Examples (A7R) are almost all in the wide open.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens but it has coating issues.
Haven't shot with it yet.
You can usually find the MD-III version from seller's in Japan on ebay.
Not sure it's worth getting. Almost identical to the MD-II but it uses a clip on lens hood instead of a screw in.
As far as I know they even had the same lens coatings.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! Looks like your copy is a good one. Or you're just using it better than I am, because I couldn't really get passable results with mine. Though I did only try a couple of times. Maybe I should take it out for a walk again.

And good thing you live in Russia. I bet in some countries you'd get at least yelled at if not punched in the face or worse if you used a big camera and lens in public with children present. Laughing