Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The *best* memory cards for digital camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: The *best* memory cards for digital camera Reply with quote

I use an Olympus which has two slots: one for the fastest variety of memory card.

The camera is the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II.

Though I have the supposed fast card for the slot that requires it, (SanDisk SDSDXPK-064G-ANCIN Sandisk Extreme Pro - Flash Memory Card - 64 GB - SDXC UHS-II), I notice that sometimes the camera seems to hesitate before it gets the image recorded to the card. Sometimes for a second or two. Strange.

I am uncertain why this is.

Is there a card that is *preferred* and known to be super fast and reliable?

The one I am considering is: Sony Memory Card 128GB, UHS-II SD, CL10, U3, Max R260MB/s, W100MB/s (SF-M128/T)

Thanks for your help with this!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does Olympus camera manual recommend?

Btw, both 128gb Sony cards died just after warranty period. Both shorted the power. The one in the smart phone got so hot it melted the SIM card next to it. The pvr powered off wouldn't power on. I'm uncertain if the Amazon purchase from NYC Camera store were real Sony cards; there are fakes. I would recommend buying from firm with high sales volume and long term relationship with the manufacturer to assure genuine product. I buy only SanDisk.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy the MicroCenter SD HC Extreme Speed cards. Of course, I'm using them in a NEX 7, which I don't think requires the extra speed, but I don't reckon it hurts any. I'm quite curious to know how these MC cards perform in a high speed environment, however. Anybody here ever use any?

(MicroCenter is a US-based computer and electronics chain)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intermittent "delays" may be down to the camera having to perform a noise reduction cycle to compensate for low light or high ISO (or both!). I don't know how this affects the Olympus, but it's certainly a factor on my Pentax.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The *best* memory cards for digital camera Reply with quote

LyleBright wrote:
I use an Olympus which has two slots: one for the fastest variety of memory card.

The camera is the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II.

Though I have the supposed fast card for the slot that requires it, (SanDisk SDSDXPK-064G-ANCIN Sandisk Extreme Pro - Flash Memory Card - 64 GB - SDXC UHS-II), I notice that sometimes the camera seems to hesitate before it gets the image recorded to the card. Sometimes for a second or two. Strange.

I am uncertain why this is.

Is there a card that is *preferred* and known to be super fast and reliable?

The one I am considering is: Sony Memory Card 128GB, UHS-II SD, CL10, U3, Max R260MB/s, W100MB/s (SF-M128/T)

Thanks for your help with this!

I have used Sandisk Ultra cards for many years and have had zero failures with them. They are very fast. The XQD cards I have in my D850 and D500 are by Sony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am slowly switching to Delkin Black cards. I have had the little plastic guides break on more than one SanDisk and Lexar card which is a pain to extract sometimes from the camera.
digital planner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandusk Ultra cards are excellent cards. I have one each in my D850 and D500 and 2 in my D750 and have only had one card failure in all those years.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for Sandisk Ultras here.