Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rectimascop 32/2x anamorphic. Need help removing back elemen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Rectimascop 32/2x anamorphic. Need help removing back elemen Reply with quote

Hello,

I came across two of these rare lenses which unfortunately suffer from balsam separation in the back elements. I would like to attempt to recement them but I have no idea how to remove the lens from the metal nut they are attached to.

The nut seems to have four holes filled with some sort of grey cement. I figure I shoud begin by removing that but it looks stone hard. Does anyone have any idea what kind of cement that is and how to remove it safely?

[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly the Rectimascope is kind of overlloed and I see them often for not much.

I'm rather sure it is not separation, as this was for projection and since the amount of intense
light is high which is transmitted through them for many years, makers prefer to use free standing
lens elements for such task. I think it is fungus.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The models that constantly show up on ebay are the 48/x2 and the 64/x2 which are heavier and more cumbersome to work with. The 32/x2 is the smallest and lightest model (610g) and I've never seen one listed on ebay.

Someone more experienced with these lenses wrote to me that I should drill the glue out and the lenses would come out, clean them with acetone and recement them with Canadian balsam.