Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Small Pentax-A 50mm F1.4 test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Small Pentax-A 50mm F1.4 test Reply with quote

SMC Pentax-A 50mm 1:1.4 found for just €10 The lens is known to be soft wide open. At F1.4/1.6/1.8 softness and contrast nicely clear up (100%):

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome lens indeed.

True - somewhat soft wide open (which could give you some artistic freedom).

But stopped down, it is crisp.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one.

It's good for cat's also and has excellent bokeh

Both at F1.4, cat on a 1cm macro extension ring and sharpened to get rid of some of the softness (don't use a clarity slider for that on a bokeh pic as it destroys the smoothness).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Small Pentax-A 50mm F1.4 test Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
SMC Pentax-A 50mm 1:1.4 found for just €10 The lens is known to be soft wide open.
All double-gauss fast 50s are soft wide-open. The SMC A should be among the better ones in this regard (apart from purple firing).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Small Pentax-A 50mm F1.4 test Reply with quote

y wrote:
All double-gauss fast 50s are soft wide-open. The SMC A should be among the better ones in this regard (apart from purple firing).

I know. This lens formula stems from the Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4 v2 (V1 was the famous eight element version) and it has remains in production in various claddings up till now (SMC Pentax FA 50mm F1.4). I don't mind. It ads character and is great for portraits.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an awesome skyline shot btw.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Thats an awesome skyline shot btw.

Thank you - shot it last Friday I believe... Best of the bunch were those using the Pentax-A50/1.4 and the SMC Tak 35/3.5 - but the A50/1.4's stand out. I really dig that lens.