Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Free BOWENS Studio Flash gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Free BOWENS Studio Flash gear Reply with quote

I had a phone call from a Bloke who said he was going to the Dump with some flash gear but if I got there in time it was MINE, so i rushed there and he loaded a huge heavy case into my car containing 4 British 'Bowens Monolites' from the 1980's, stands, umbrellas ans small refectors, slave cells, spare modelling light bulbs and mains cables ! Well on testing -- 2 heads will charge up but will not fire when plugged into camera -- I believe it is the 'trip circuit' but one 200 W Monolite and a 400W Monolite work. There was also a 'black cloth thing' included in the case which turned out to be the best quality 'Changing Bag' which I have been using ever since !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool beans! Even if none of the lights worked, the rest of the stuff still makes for a great haul, all by itself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Free BOWENS Studio Flash gear Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
I had a phone call from a Bloke who said he was going to the Dump with some flash gear but if I got there in time it was MINE, so i rushed there and he loaded a huge heavy case into my car containing 4 British 'Bowens Monolites' from the 1980's, stands, umbrellas ans small refectors, slave cells, spare modelling light bulbs and mains cables ! Well on testing -- 2 heads will charge up but will not fire when plugged into camera -- I believe it is the 'trip circuit' but one 200 W Monolite and a 400W Monolite work. There was also a 'black cloth thing' included in the case which turned out to be the best quality 'Changing Bag' which I have been using ever since !

Congratulations Pete.
If you have no use for the two that don't work is there any chance I could have them? I MIGHT be able to get them working & would like to add proper studio flash to my options - Brentwoods not too far from me.
I'm sure I can find something Pentax related in trade Smile