Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony a7sii + Helios 44-4 adapter misalignment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Sony a7sii + Helios 44-4 adapter misalignment Reply with quote

Hi,

I am new to this forum and old manual lenses.

I've just got a m42 adapter to use Helios 44-4 58mm f2 lens on the sony a7sii.
This combination just works fine but as you can see in the picture below the lens isn't in the right position where the aperture and focus ring marks should be in the top as it's the case for example with (old) Minolta lenses + LA-AE4 adapter.

Is this normal ? should I try another adapter ?
I don't have other m42 lenses to use with this particular adapter so I can't confirm this behavior for the moment.

Thanks for your suggestions.

PS : I didn't mention the adapter name on purpose since I don't know if it's to blame.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Sony a7sii + Helios 44-4 adapter misalignment Reply with quote

Nouh wrote:
Hi,

I am new to this forum and old manual lenses.

I've just got a m42 adapter to use Helios 44-4 58mm f2 lens on the sony a7sii.
This combination just works fine but as you can see in the picture below the lens isn't in the right position where the aperture and focus ring marks should be in the top as it's the case for example with (old) Minolta lenses + LA-AE4 adapter.

Is this normal ? should I try another adapter ?
I don't have other m42 lenses to use with this particular adapter so I can't confirm this behavior for the moment.

Thanks for your suggestions.

PS : I didn't mention the adapter name on purpose since I don't know if it's to blame.

There are few screws on the adapter, one of them is below the '16' mark at the lens in your photo. Unscrew them, adjust the position of the lens, and tighten them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As @calvin83 pointed out, your adapter can be adjusted (not all can), but it should work just the same for nearly all lenses even without this.
Having it the right way up does make it a little easier to use.
A few M42 lenses have rectangular baffles which would probably cause issues without the lens being upright.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Sony a7sii + Helios 44-4 adapter misalignment Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

There are few screws on the adapter, one of them is below the '16' mark at the lens in your photo. Unscrew them, adjust the position of the lens, and tighten them.

DConvert wrote:

As @calvin83 pointed out, your adapter can be adjusted (not all can), but it should work just the same for nearly all lenses even without this.
Having it the right way up does make it a little easier to use.
A few M42 lenses have rectangular baffles which would probably cause issues without the lens being upright..

Thanks, I saw the adapter screws and fixed that.