Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 90-180/4.5 Flat Field Zoom + Sony A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 90-180/4.5 Flat Field Zoom + Sony A7R Reply with quote

Vivitar Series 1 90-180/4.5 Flat Field Zoom - famous, complex and heavy zoom with macro up to 1:2.

Sony A7R, no post-processing besides resizing:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens and like it a lot. It is heavy though and for best results needs to be used on a tripod.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A brick of a lens but nice pictures! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own a copy of this lens and was talked into selling it. I didn't want to but the guy was offering me more money than it was worth, so I gave in, figuring I'd get another one day.

I never have, and now I don't really need to. I have macro lenses in 90mm, 100mm, 135mm, and 200mm focal lengths. All of these macros are at least as sharp as that old Vivitar zoom, probably sharper, plus they each weigh a LOT less. So even though I'd still like to own a copy, it would be more for the desire to own another desirable S1 zoom than for any other reason.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiron made, flat field, interesting.