Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon D800 & Leica MR-Telyt-R 1:8/500mm mirror lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject: Nikon D800 & Leica MR-Telyt-R 1:8/500mm mirror lens Reply with quote

A few days ago in the late afternoon I took this picture while sitting on our terrace.

We live about 50 km from the international airport in Düsseldorf. Depending on the weather, the planes fly very low here when approaching. A handheld snapshot with Nikon D 800 and Leica MR-Telyt-R 500mm f/8 mirror lens.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Congrats On quite successful BIF handheld! Amazing really! Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1
Good one!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you adapting these lenses to the F-mount? Is it an optical adapter?

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I removed all the original Leica mounts from my many Leica lenses and attached Nikon F bayonets instead
Google for example also "Leitax mount"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
No, I removed all the original Leica mounts from my many Leica lenses and attached Nikon F bayonets instead
Google for example also "Leitax mount"

Thanks for the timely reply.
This is something I have been considering doing, but not with Leica- never even considered it.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.

The big advantage of a Leitax bayonet is the possibility to put the lens back on the original bayonet, e.g. if you will sell it Wink