Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Haze between cemented element group
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 am    Post subject: Haze between cemented element group Reply with quote

Hello.

I have a Pentax-A 100/4 Macro which I need to "fix" or replace the front element group. It is hazy, the haze in between the cemented group.

Anyone knows where to get spare elements for lenses?

Would leaving the elements exposed to the sun for 1 day "help" with the haze in any way?

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Haze between cemented element group Reply with quote

Edom31 wrote:
Hello.

I have a Pentax-A 100/4 Macro which I need to "fix" or replace the front element group. It is hazy, the haze in between the cemented group.

Anyone knows where to get spare elements for lenses?

Would leaving the elements exposed to the sun for 1 day "help" with the haze in any way?

thanks

That will be hard to locate spare parts for such an older lens. Haze between cemented lens groups is a difficult one and ofte only buying another lens solves that. No, haze cannot by removed with sun or UV treatment. The effort to seperate those group, clean and re-cement and having to collimate them often outweighs by far the cost of a new lens...