Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lubricant for external helicoid of Exakta B?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Lubricant for external helicoid of Exakta B? Reply with quote

I'm prepping an Exakta B for use...lucked into an example that has been nicely serviced sometime in the last.....40 years or so...shutter snappy, self timer works, slow speeds work...some de-silvering of the mirror (there is pretty much no way to get the mirror out....it is wider than the front opening even with the focusing unit removed....) the focusing is stiff...

I have a supply of light and heavy helimax lube...but I cannot imagine you should put a wet lubricant on an external helicoid? I can see lubricating the focusing wheel thread, as that is not exposed....but the main helical...I'm thinking go dry? What did the Giants of Dresden do back in the day?

Eugene