Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

4K Monitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: 4K Monitor Reply with quote

I'm presently investigating the usefulness of a 4k (3840 x 2160) monitor particularly for photo viewing and editing purposes.

Would be interested in some experiences or recommendations from other users here.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using one Benq BL series 32". It is really nice... Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viewing distance/size

See more windows. Determine display size for best readability at viewing distance.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I've ordered the Eizo EV3237 32 inch 4K monitor based on existing reviews available. It's not the ultimative monitor for professional photographers but should be good enough for me and it's still somehow affordable. I'm sure that it will be a major improvement compared to my existing cheap standard Samsung 27 inch HD one and the reputation and quality of EIZO is IMHO beyond any doubt....

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EV3237 is good if you stay on sRGB, otherwise you will need one that fully covers Adobe RGB.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
EV3237 is good if you stay on sRGB, otherwise you will need one that fully covers Adobe RGB.

Well, that was a major consideration. I finally decided to stay on sRGB which is covered by this monitor. Adobe RGB only makes sense for professional use in combination with printing. Web presentation is purely based on sRGB and for the rather rare printing purposes the 90% Adobe coverage should be more than good enough (compared to my presently used monitor). My deciding factor was the excellent small pixel pitch for maximum quality at short viewing distance (much better than Benq SW320 in similar price range). In that respect this monitor is most probably the best in this size and price range.