Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nippon Kogaku Micro-Nikkor Auto 1:3.5 f=55mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Nippon Kogaku Micro-Nikkor Auto 1:3.5 f=55mm Reply with quote

Nippon Kogaku Micro-Nikkor Auto 1:3.5 f=55mm

What an attractive lens, design, construction, sharpness. See by yourself.

100% Only

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Willy, some great shots showing of the incredible quality of the 55 Micro. It has long been a favorite of mine. In fact, I own two just like yours, one of which shows much, much more wear than yours. But the other is just as clean, plus it was AI'd by Nikon. I also have an old one with the metal focusing collar --- made in 1965 according to its S/N -- which was my very first 55 Micro. I'm not rightly sure anymore how I wound up with three. Just good deals I couldn't pass up, I reckon.

The 55 f/3.5 Micro Nikkor is without question one of the best deals out there for Macro lenses. They're plentiful, thus they tend to be undervalued -- or at least underpriced.

I don't have any spectacular macro images that measure up to the quality of yours. But I have used mine a lot for duplicating slides with my NEX 7. It is an incredibly good optic for this, delivering incredibly good results. The following images were duped using my old, 1965 vintage 55 Micro.

With my NEX 7, the 55/3.5 Micro is sharp enough to even resolve Kodachrome grain!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

such a lively images, really good, thanks for sharing, i must give it a try.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work!

And its true, this lens is usually a bargain.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 copies as well all pre-AI, because you can still found some so so cheap for such quality.

Most macro are with the M2 extender tube.

In a few days I will compare it with and other rare gem, the miranda 55mm 3.5 macron, I finally found one !!

Thank you for the slide tips, I will give a try.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some different versions of this excellent lens, including one which retains its sharpness through to infinity, which my copy does. It is the sharpest lens that I have ever owned - at any distance.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic lens. I have the 55/2.8 which is also great.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine borrowed it to me for his A6000, he don't want to give it back Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! Is there any significant difference optically speaking between the versions? Nikon gear is one huge gap in my knowledge base!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemeterfilms wrote:
There are some different versions of this excellent lens, including one which retains its sharpness through to infinity, which my copy does. It is the sharpest lens that I have ever owned - at any distance.

I believe you're talking about the one in which the iris opens and closes slightly depending on the depth of focus. I have one of these. Mine was made in 1965. It is my oldest, and has the metal focusing collar. These lenses are called "compensating" and were made from 1963 to 1968? according to the Nikon lens S/N and info Bible at:

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html