Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help identify and fix lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Help identify and fix lens Reply with quote

Hi,

I just bought a yashica fx3 camera with 3 lenses at a yard sale for 20$.
The camera is in working order but need to be reskin with should not be a problem.

The problem is with one of the lens...
No real branding on it so its hard to identify.
The lens cap says IMAGE on it.
On the barel I can read this: AUTO IMAGE 1:2.8 f - 28mm 88304085 52mm diameter

It's a 28mm f2.8 and look in OK shape, but the aperture blade are stuck wide open.
I took the lens apart (parts of it anyway) to find out that the apreture blades are not realy stuck, I can actualy close and open them from the lever inside.
There is a spring in there that seems to be disloged... I think the problem might be there, but when I put the spring back where I think it goes... it just wont stay there.

Any hint or help would be greatly apreciated.

I could post picture later if it is required.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I can't be of much help with your spring without seeing it, and probably playing around some with the mechanism. But while you have it apart, you might want to double check that your iris hasn't become contaminated with oil that's separated out from the lube in your focusing helical. It sounds as if this isn't an issue for you, which is good to "hear." As for your Image brand lens, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. You can probably find equally obscure 28mm's for very cheap. Chances are, even an off brand one will work reasonably well. Seems like most do.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick answer.
It's probably not worth all the effort to make it work.
I'm probably going to try to make it ork and if I can't, I will just use it as it is.... wide open.

I'm not planing on using it all that much any way.

Paid 20$, probably going to cost me an other 20$ to make it pretty again and then I will see what I do with it.

But I will probably use it for a while and then resell it online.

Thanks again.