Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flange distance of Kowa R system
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Flange distance of Kowa R system Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what is the flange distance of the Kowa R's bayonet system lenses (for Kowa SER, SET, SET-R)? I can not find it on the web in any of the usual sources where the flange distances of the different mounts are shown. I intend to build an adapter for these lenses using a scrapping of a SET-R camera and it would be very useful to know that data beforehand.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Flange distance of Kowa R system Reply with quote

ljherrero wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is the flange distance of the Kowa R's bayonet system lenses (for Kowa SER, SET, SET-R)? I can not find it on the web in any of the usual sources where the flange distances of the different mounts are shown. I intend to build an adapter for these lenses using a scrapping of a SET-R camera and it would be very useful to know that data beforehand.

That sounds like an interesting project. I can't give you an exact figure as the Kowa SET-R2 camera we have is jammed (surprise!), but a quick'n'dirty measurement suggests around 55.4mm. This is from the film plane to the front of the bayonet mount.

Hope this helps, and good luck! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measuring (also roughly) between the mark that indicates the focal plane (a circle crossed by a line) on the body of the camera and the base of the bayonet in the same camera that I intend to scrap, I get about 53mm. Being 53mm or 55.4 mm as an approximation is sufficient for the previous design of the adapter, but I would like to know the exact data and referenced in some document.

In any case, thanks for your help

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the exact distance, but it is possible Smile I'm happy to share how I did it if you haven't done it already and are still interested. Good luck!