Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any owner of a Schneider Componon 28mm F4 lens here?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Any owner of a Schneider Componon 28mm F4 lens here? Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm looking to mount my Schneider Componon 4/28 in reverse. The one I have is black on the outside and has a 25mm rear mount, but no light window; the serial number is 12683487. According to http://photocornucopia.com/1061.html, it has a filter thread of 30mm x 0.5mm. However, I've also been told that the filter thread is 30.5mm x 0.5mm. It is possible that Schneider changed the thread size between generations of the lens, though it may seem absurd to effect a change of only a half a mm. Would any other owner of this lens care to shed some light on this discrepancy? Thanks and good shooting!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that's my mistake, just a 'typo' when entering the data. I've corrected the list ( http://www.photocornucopia.com/1061.html ) which now shows M30.5x0.5 for your lens, which is based on the Schneider document listed there. I don't have the lens or relevant filter to confirm.

The Schneider source for the above information may have errors in it as it shows M30x0.5 for Componar-S lenses (not your lens) whilst other Schneider Price lists contradict the above source (for Componar-S lenses) and show M30.5x0.5 instead. They are unlikely to both be correct. Whilst this refers to a different lens to yours, it still casts doubt about the quality of the source itself.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjphoto, thank you for the update! I didn't expect to get an answer from the author of the list himself; this must be a great forum Smile. As a matter of fact, I am thinking of buying a reverse mount adapter from rafcamera.com. On that website, under the list of adapters, it shows the 30.5mm x 0.5mm ring as the one needed for this particular lens, so that is enough corroboration for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mysticeyes wrote:
... I am thinking of buying a reverse mount adapter from rafcamera.com. On that website, under the list of adapters, it shows the 30.5mm x 0.5mm ring as the one needed for this particular lens, so that is enough corroboration for me.

It's proof enough for me too.