Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm f2.8 - M39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm f2.8 - M39 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a M39 Trioplan 100mm f2.8 for a moderate sum (slightly lower than a usual M42 trioplan) to my delight.

Lens seemingly uncoated, serial #993***.

I'd like to request some information regarding the lens from the knowledgeable members of the forum, such as the year of manufacture, number of copies made, filter size, etc. Interestingly, in view of the lens being a telephoto lens, it is not RF coupled. How was it used in the past and why was it even made?

Lastly, the hood cant seem to be unscrewed. Any tips on how to get it off? There are some slight engraving on the hood (bummer), so i'll be keen to find a replacement for it.

Some photos of the lens, and a photo using it on the Sony A7ii to demonstrate the "soap bubble" effect.

Thank you all in advance

Cheers
Wei

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The German word 'ohne kupplung' means 'without coupling'.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the back focus on this?
That should be informative about its purpose.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replies.

To add, the flange distance for the lens allows for it to be used on Leica/Cosina/etc LTM cameras. Not the old M39 Russian SLR mount. That said, as its without RF coupling, it would be a challenge to accurately focus in view of relatively thin DOF (100mm f2.Cool. Hence, my question on how was it used and intended purpose.

Will appreciate more information on the lens.

Thank you all in advance.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all camera with LTM mount has a rangefinder...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it my imagination, or is that a T2 adaptor or similar on the back of the lens? Could it be that it's a "conventional" SLR-type lens that has been adapted for use on a Leica-screw-mount?