Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Schacht Ulm M-Travenar 1:2.8/50 R Makro-Tubus Contax mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: A Schacht Ulm M-Travenar 1:2.8/50 R Makro-Tubus Contax mount Reply with quote

Picked up this gem a while back. It is in mint condition, ie looks completely unused. Unusual contax mount. It is just a pleasure to use. The aperture control is at the front and lacks any click function. the focus is smooth as silk and perfectly damped.

The lens:
stopped to f4

100% crop

Colors!

f8 (I think)

100%crop

Truly an excellent example of a zebra style lens from the classic SLR era.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The box says it is for M42 cameras. Is there a Contax adapter attached to the lens?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible. The base has a chromed fitting that might be screwed on. Hard to say for sure as I can't get it loose though using finger strength and I am not using any tools on it to avoid any potential damage. It was sold as contax mount so that was what I was going by.

Tried again and it did come loose so, M42 mount it is! The adapter must be vintage though as it is made in japan and is every bit as good of workmanship and finish as the lens.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog Friends

You got a M42 lens with a free adapter!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out to be a pretty decent deal just over a 100 for it. The adapter though will stay. It protects the threads from brassing. This makro lens is going to see some use!