Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm Exakta - reassemble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm Exakta - reassemble Reply with quote

I got my hands on a CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm in exakta that was full of sand.

I got it apart, cleaned, but for the life of my I can't figure out how to reattach the aperture leaver , while maintaining focus.

Anyone have a reassembly guide?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By aperture lever, you mean an auto lens with a shutter button?
I don't recall seeing one, I did just finish removing a binding auto system from a zebra version 35/2.8 auto, it was far more intricate and delicate than it needed to be, the spring loaded slider was binding,I removed that part and I epoxied a spring to the aperture slot, and to the inner body to keep the aperture against the aperture ring lever, it now works like a standard aperture system.
I've been looking for info on how to open up the older all silver preset 35/2.8, I only got so far before I couldn't see a path forward beyond taking the aperture basket out, something I'd rather not do to relube the helicoid, I added onto a 35/2.8 Flek thread in the repair forum if anyone has been in one before and can help.