Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Which mount? Reply with quote

Could someone tell me which mount this is? Thx

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax K to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought so too, but the seller mentions OM!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Pentax K. It looks similar to Olympus OM but it's not.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax, the indent for the mount lock is the giveaway.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks guys for your fast replies.

Cool

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Pentax, the indent for the mount lock is the giveaway.

...with its position at 90° clockwise from the red dot and adjacent to one of the flanges. But the most distinctive id for PK is the long second slot for the aperture info lever opposite the aperture actuation lever. As soon as you see that = a K mount.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late! While I was writing an additional question for the seller in connection with the mount, the lens was sold. The lens was a Revuenon 55 / 1.2. Regrettable.
Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
Too late! While I was writing an additional question for the seller in connection with the mount, the lens was sold. The lens was a Revuenon 55 / 1.2. Regrettable.
Crying or Very sad

Nothing matters. There might be better/other super fast standard prime for such mount.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's Pentax K.

Incidentally, one very quick way to tell if a lens is Oly mount is it will have the buttons on the side of the mount, which are squeezed to dismount the lens -- or at least one of them is, if memory serves. Nonetheless, if you see those buttons, you know it's Oly.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
Nothing matters. There might be better/other super fast standard prime for such mount.

I don't own any fast 50 / 1.2. This would have been my first one. Which 1.2 would be a good and affordable choice?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
spleenone wrote:

I don't own any fast 50 / 1.2. This would have been my first one. Which 1.2 would be a good and affordable choice?

When I listed for some fast fifty in PK I found couple. Although original Pentax 50/1.2 seems well made which handle optical attributes. But I step on another quoestion that which camera has such good viewfinder to focus propertly and enjoy shooting with such glass. Ofcourse there is Cosina and Rikenon in 55mm long super fast glass but for that money there are really weaker performers otherwise might has some interesting bokeh or image character.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:

Look for Porst lenses. The one you missed out on is also available in PK mount, 55mm with the Porst name on it.
But there's also a 50mm f/1.2 Porst, which is the Fujinon lens, and that is really very nice imho! The latter has the X-Fujinon mount, adapters are also available, i have it for Sony E.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
spleenone wrote:

There aren't many affordable f/1.2 lenses.
The only one I've tried is a projector lens which has to sit pretty close to the sensor. You can find details of it from the MFT thread that inspired me to try it:
https://www.mu-43.com/threads/frankenlens-pentax-kp16-50mm-f1-2.87309/

This is from a micro four thirds forum, it should work as well with other mirrorless mounts provided the coverage is adequate -Sorry I can't check this reliably.

There's no standard aperture control on this sort of lens, the adapter used in the first adaption makes use of one from an old lens, I used a simpler adapter for mine & add card waterhouse style stops when I need a smaller aperture. (Currently I've only made them for 1&2 stops darker, together with a few bokeh masks)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:

What's your budget like? If you can afford to spend a couple hundred bucks, you'll find quite a few options, I think. The only one I'm really aware of, and it's because I own one, is the Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 SSC, which typically goes for between $200-300 on eBay.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For APS-C and M4/3 sensor MILC, there is Kamlan 50mm F/1.1 which cost ~$170 only or even less for a used one.

Last edited by calvin83 on Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon FD 58 can frequently be had for 180 to 200. It is pretty good. Watch auctions for Canon Pellix. The 55 is a bit better. The 50 is quite a bit better but quite a bit more money. I have been watching the Minolta MC 58 1.2 for quite a while and they are in the 300 plus range for a good copy. Olympus 55 is 250 to 300 and olympus 50 is in the 300 plus range. I did manage to get a copy of the Konica 57 1.2 for a decent price on a dead Autoreflex. It was not labeled in the ebay and and I only found it by reviewing photos of the cameras that were posted. If you are patient they can be found.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not particularly looking for a pk lens, although I already own several Pentax-K and Takumars. I also have an extensive collection of Konica's AR, but a 57 / 1.2 AE is rarely offered. Usually silver noses, with a lesser coating, are offered for sale. In terms of budget I would limit myself to 350 € for a 1.2. I'm not a big fan of Canon FD, I don't like this mount.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
I'm not particularly looking for a pk lens, although I already own several Pentax-K and Takumars. I also have an extensive collection of Konica's AR, but a 57 / 1.2 AE is rarely offered. Usually silver noses, with a lesser coating, are offered for sale. In terms of budget I would limit myself to 350 € for a 1.2. I'm not a big fan of Canon FD, I don't like this mount.

The projector lens I mentioned was only £16, though I think most of the other examples listed at the same time were a touch more. I think with the long m42-m52 helicoid, stepping ring (glued to the lens to fit helicoid) & short M42 adapter it came in at under £50 total Smile