Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 01F 2x teleconverter question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Tamron 01F 2x teleconverter question Reply with quote

Hello,

my problem here isn't the standard hazed/speckled element issue, but the fact that mine came to me with the element group loose to the point of it having backed out of the lens body enough that it interfered with the adaptall mount...

If anyone has one of these that has never been disassembled and can provide me with measurements so that I can make certain that the element group is correctly positioned, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need to worry about correct positioning. Just screw the element group down tight and you should be fine.

Groups coming loose in Tamrons is an all-too familiar problem with me. I've had three different Tamron zooms -- SP lenses -- in which an element group had come loose and actually fallen down inside the barrel. Fortunately, in all cases,, the repairs were relatively simple procedures, and I was able to tighten them up without difficulty. And perhaps most important -- they behaved normally after the repairs.