Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Odd bayonet mount I'd help.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Odd bayonet mount I'd help. Reply with quote

I bought this carenar 35mm 2.8 EEB from ebay several years ago. I couldn't identify the mount but bought it(cheap) thinking it fit exakta real. Stuck it away and forgot about it. Digging through boxes it came to light. I know much more about mount systems now but still cannot ID it. Anybody recognize it? The pin at the base of the mounting plate corresponds to the index mark. The mounting plate of the camera would likely need a groove or void to accommodateit ,it sticks up about a mm. The bayonet lugs seem symmetrical. It's bigger than most older mounts diameter is the same as EF mount. Parallax impedes the caliper photo but the number 50 maybe 50.5 is accurate. It does not fit EF though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petriflex Breech Lock Mount

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen other lenses in Petri breech lock mount, but the only Petri's - now that's weird

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Agreed! I've got a Petri mount (marked as such) on a Tamron Adapt-a-matic lens and it looks very similar, with the aperture actuating lever directly opposite the index pin ... not sure what the other pin on the screwed-on plate does, though, that isn't included on the Tamron mount. Some later functionality for metering, possibly?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be some sort of connection between Carena and Petri, I have a 28/3.5 lens which is exactly identical to the Petri badged lens, and have noticed on occasion other identical focal lengths as well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Yep, I have some lenses with that, too

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
There seems to be some sort of connection between Carena and Petri, I have a 28/3.5 lens which is exactly identical to the Petri badged lens, and have noticed on occasion other identical focal lengths as well.

Yes, the Carena SFL2 camera was a re-badged version of the Petri FTE or FTEE models, and the Carenar EEB lenses are the same as the equivalent Petri EE ones. Many other Petris were sold as Carenas, but these were all M42 screw fitting. I seem to remember the brand was exclusive to the Photomarkets group of photographic dealers here in the UK.