Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Issue with a Zenit E
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Issue with a Zenit E Reply with quote

Hello, so i purchased for quite some money a Zenit 11 that came with a lens, seller mentioned it worked perfectly, but it had issues with the curtain (i think?), basically it was open as long as i kept the shutter button pressed (It wasn't in bulb, but it acted like that).

Now i bought a Zenit E body, and i tried it with the lens i got from the Zenit 11 (M42, Helios 44-4 58MM), the problem now is that i cannot change the apperture, the blades don't move at all. If i hold the lens in my hand and i press the pin on the back, it works, but if i have it attached on the Zenit E, nope.

I seem to be cursed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenit E doesn't have automatic aperture control. If the lens has an auto/manual switch, set it on manual and the aperture will be operated via aperture ring on the lens. If it doesn't have the switch. you'll have to improvise a solution to keep the pin depressed and then mount it on the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you desperate for a Zenit camera?

I have an EM, TTL & 12 all in working order. Also a Praktika Super TL that is fine except for the flash x-sync (not an issue if you don't use flash).