Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Lydith hacked
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Meyer Lydith hacked Reply with quote

I wanted to share this with you: one can remove three mount screws and reach infinity blocker screw beneath the mount. If removed (unscrewed) completely you will increase MFD to 15cm without any problem. Stoppage is still normal. It is preset lens so aperture is not connected anyhow. Focusing is still firm and stable. Lens will also pass infinity but only slightly which also comes handy for bad adapters to reach firm infinity wide-open.

Besides i found one can switch Exakta and M42 mounts. Infinity does not have to be adjusted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice info, thx! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it on the Pentacon-branded M42 version; doesn't work, the front will unscrew from the focusing helicoid, so one would have to be very careful when focusing the lens and avoid going too far. Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Just tried it on the Pentacon-branded M42 version; doesn't work, the front will unscrew from the focusing helicoid, so one would have to be very careful when focusing the lens and avoid going too far. Oh well.

I've tried two Meyer Lydith versions. I don't have Pentacon to try. It might be constructed differently.

This hack will not work in case your two leading pins inside have missing or broken springs not pushing them outward. This is quite possible if your lens had been opened before.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

This hack will not work in case your two leading pins inside have missing or broken springs not pushing them outward. This is quite possible if your lens had been opened before.

May be a different build then, I saw no springs or place for springs to go inside.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick tutorial not to make enigma out of the simple thing. Here you can see the mount already off.

When infinity blocker screw removed (4) the focusing will continue bellow MFD until the spring pin (1)
reaches end of the hole (3). It cannot jump over unless spring is missing. Natural stop occurs.

You can still see grease on path of original MFD (2). The MFD gain using this procedure is from point (2) to slightly bellow point (3).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is clear from the image that the Pentacon version I have is differently built.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Quick tutorial not to make enigma out of the simple thing. Here you can see the mount already off.

When infinity blocker screw removed (4) the focusing will continue bellow MFD until the spring pin (1)
reaches end of the hole (3). It cannot jump over unless spring is missing. Natural stop occurs.

You can still see grease on path of original MFD (2). The MFD gain using this procedure is from point (2) to slightly bellow point (3).

Hi Jorge,
Would it be possible to repost the picture?.
Probably was lost somewhat in the past...
Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Jesito, on my old computer already disconnected. From what i can remember it is not really advanced procedure and if you have some experience opening lenses you can proceed.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Sorry Jesito, on my old computer already disconnected. From what i can remember it is not really advanced procedure and if you have some experience opening lenses you can proceed.

I see, thanks anyway Smile