Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya C330 again with a new lens DIY project
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Mamiya C330 again with a new lens DIY project Reply with quote

Here I used two Leitz Wetzlar Summar 4.5/120mm lenses.
This lenses were only sold for macro und reprographic use but I want to see the quality of it in normal photographic use.
The Summar lenses are made of six elements in four groups, a douple Gauss type.
Similar to the 2/50mm Summar made for the screw mount Leicas.

My samples are made with a expired Rollei RPX400 film, developed in Adox FX-39 II

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very fine result, plenty of detail. I imagine you are far from being disappointed with your experiment. Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful camera

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
A very fine result, plenty of detail. I imagine you are far from being disappointed with your experiment. Thank you for sharing!

I´am really surprised, this lenses were only sold for reprographic works and the design is very old but the rendering and the sharpness is excellent. The single coating helps to handle the high contrast in the picture.

Here´s another sample I made with it. The film is not the optimum, the Rollei RPX 400 is very grainy, I guess when I will use the Tmax 400 it will be better.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Hard to believe it is done with film. You must be using a very good scanner too.

The lens crispness makes me think of Ross Resolux which has a similar rendering.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Amazing! Hard to believe it is done with film. You must be using a very good scanner too.

The lens crispness makes me think of Ross Resolux which has a similar rendering.

I´am using an old Epson V700 and only the Epson scan software. Scan resolution is 3200DPI in *tif
Post proccesing in Rawtherapee, GIMP and NIC

I know the Resolux only in 50mm focus length, I gave one of this lenses a Leica M39 mount in the mid 90th and I remember that I really liked it but I don´t remember whats happens with it. Gone without a trace Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you manage to grasp a 11cm Resolux for your purpose (which sometimes you may find for 20 quids), you'd certainly be pleased.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
If you manage to grasp a 11cm Resolux for your purpose (which sometimes you may find for 20 quids), you'd certainly be pleased.

I will try to get two of this lenses, the Resolux lenses are very good ones, the quality of the barrels is amazing as well.