Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LeicaCamera without transparent plastic at the back.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: LeicaCamera without transparent plastic at the back. Reply with quote

Does it matter what type of transparent red plastic you use on the window at the back of the cameras where you should see the film information? I have a leica camera and need to replace this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model Leica is this? I've never seen a Leica with an inspection window.

As for your question, I suspect any deeply red tinted plastic will do. I have an old pair of sunglasses that would probably be ideal for this. The cool thing about them that I've always liked is they're tinted red, not smoke or some other color. The lenses would probably be too thick for this application, but there's no reason why they couldn't be thinned by sanding, for example. So if you can locate some old red tinted sunglasses, that might be a good source for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
What model Leica is this? I've never seen a Leica with an inspection window.

Starting from the Leica R3, all Leica SLRs up to the R9 do have an inspection window to show you whether there's a film loaded - and if so, which one. It's a rather flimsy yellowish plastic in case of the R3, R4, and R5.

S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. I just assumed it was an old screw-mount Leica. I'm not familiar with the R cameras.