Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashinon 1.8 45mm from Yashica Lynx 5000
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Yashinon 1.8 45mm from Yashica Lynx 5000 Reply with quote

hello,

I've got my hands on damaged Yashica Lynx 5000 RF film camera. it was really cheap so I didnt risk much aquiring it. after investigating it I found that shooter and aperture ring were stuck. there was a battery leakage and the lens took some damage as well, probably from droping the camera. to my surprice glass was untouched, no damage to the coatings. i managed to remove the lens from the body, clean it and repair the aperture. after trying it against few adapters i came to conclusion that the 'flang focal distance' (outer body-to-film) is around 25 mm so I couldnt use any adapters to attach it to my A6000. so I have glued together (loctite 401) Sony E to 52mm reverse adapter (filed down from filter thread side) and OM to T2 (filed down from mount side) with the inner piece taken out. after some trail and error i could focus it to infinity.

here are some pics of the lens an the results that adaptation. taken today. no PP. it looks like it lacks a bit of color pop but the lens is rather sharp and i love the bokeh. cant wait for a field test in a strong sun to see about CA and contrast. hope to try something this weekend.

#7 100% cropp from above pic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice adaptation! I always enjoy reading about this type of non-standard stuff, as opposed o just getting a commercially available adapter. Must feel very rewarding once you can take pics with this type of work.

I have a few fixed-lens-cams here but so far, time has prevented me to dig into how to dissect them and put their lens on a cam.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
Nice adaptation! I always enjoy reading about this type of non-standard stuff, as opposed o just getting a commercially available adapter. Must feel very rewarding once you can take pics with this type of work.

I have a few fixed-lens-cams here but so far, time has prevented me to dig into how to dissect them and put their lens on a cam.

i have to say it really does feel rewarding. espetially when you dont have 6 axis CNC milling machine or even a propper workshop to produce an adapter that would fit perfectly and you have to go full MacGyver on it Wink

there are some fixed lenses cameras waiting to be given new life in digital body. i know already that Sokol Automat's Industar-70 will require hard core modification for aperture to work properly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

Nice work, nice lens!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Well done there.

I am thinking of doing the same.
I have several hopeless rangefinders.
A couple of Petri's (4.5cm/1.9 Orikkors), a Canon QL17 (40/1.7), a Walz Envoy (48mm/1.9, a 7-element Sonnar), an Aires Viscount (45mm/1.9 Coral)

And a couple of others.

Ideally I want to use the helicals they come with, to avoid issues with front-mounting the lens on separate helical.

Possible mounts for Sony - c-mount adapters, which are nearly flat.
One may have to grind out the 25mm thread hole to suit the larger rear elements and prevent vignetting, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander Lanthar from a Vito CL, mounted on a hacked Olympus 50 1.8 with a Sony E mount to C mount adapter screwed on the back. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats one way to do it!

Lanthar was a triplet, yes?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats one way to do it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Thats one way to do it!

Indeed, the Vito CL was built from 1960 to 1966 and the Lanthar 50mm/F2.8 was a triplet with lanthanum glasses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Nice!
Well done there.

I am thinking of doing the same.
I have several hopeless rangefinders.
A couple of Petri's (4.5cm/1.9 Orikkors), a Canon QL17 (40/1.7), a Walz Envoy (48mm/1.9, a 7-element Sonnar), an Aires Viscount (45mm/1.9 Coral)

And a couple of others.

Ideally I want to use the helicals they come with, to avoid issues with front-mounting the lens on separate helical.

Possible mounts for Sony - c-mount adapters, which are nearly flat.
One may have to grind out the 25mm thread hole to suit the larger rear elements and prevent vignetting, but we'll see.

that was my first idea to use Sony to C mount adapror with M42 thread and igrind down the inner M25 mount. tho i didnt want to sacrafice any of my lenses for that as I ony had one deglassed Helios-44M barrel already fixed with E mount (with a gentle touch of hammer Very Happy ) as an universal mount for range of slide projector lens. came to this conclusion that for a mount donor I can use cheapo M42 enlarger lens (see pic below) that i can easly get for 2-3 EUR and since i would like to use use the original focusing helicoids (knowing their limitations) it would give a good base for any FR adaptation

Lloydy wrote:

Voigtlander Lanthar from a Vito CL, mounted on a hacked Olympus 50 1.8 with a Sony E mount to C mount adapter screwed on the back. Wink

nice conversion!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I made the adapter using the Olympus 50 1.8 lens turned out rather good, and it's adaptable to any lens similar to the Lanthar.

The OM mount was removed and used as a template to drill holes in the C to Sony mount and the C mount can be fitted using the original screws.

Obviously the lens is gutted of optics and all aperture , all I used was the main body and helical. The male part of the helical has a flange across one end that mounts the rear optics - the hole in that flange is suitable for the Lanthar type lens but it's in the wrong place. I reversed the helicoid so the flange is now at the front. It gpes into the body / outer helicoid from the back so it doesn't just unscrew when in use. The Lanthar lens is mounted onto the inner helicoid flange using the original nut for the lens.

The mounting face of the Lanthar - or any other lens - goes as close as 19mm to the mount face of the Sony and has about 7mm of extension. I set the Lanthar at the middle of its focus range and then use the helicoid as the focusing one.

It's been a while since I did this so I'm sure there is a bit of detail and hacking that I've forgotten, I think I shortened the male helicoid a bit with a hacksaw and file, and maybe other bits were modified as well. But it turned out well, thanks to the eureka moment of turning the inner helicoid the other way and utilizing the existing flange.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations: both on taking the initiative to make it happen and on the results. These sorts of undertakings always bring a special satisfaction to the user--deservedly so. jt

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had some trouble finding the way to block the origiinal focusing helicoid so it was in my drawer as a 'to do' lens. finally decided to take it out into the sunlight and Im amazed. it lacks a bit of contrast but the colors, bokeh and sharpness are really good to me. since the helicoid wasnt blocked I was managed to focus up to 0,5m (MFD is 0,9m) and now I'm torn apart as I would like tu use this lens in its original focus limitation but that wouldnt let me use its full potential :/

here are some samples. just a bit of contrast adjusted. no other PP done

#3 100% cropp

#9 @ f11