Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 28-85mm f4 - 5 MC Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 28-85mm f4 - 5 MC Macro Reply with quote

Recently acquired this lens in a lot of Minolta SR mount “as is” lenses. I have repaired the Minolta MC 135mm f2.8 which had a jammed aperture and am working on an MC 55mm f1.7.

This Vivitar came in the lot. It is the first Vivitar that I have ever owned or used, and I have been photographing for decades. I have seen a Miranda (post AIC) brand version of this lens, but otherwise I cannot find any information about it. The variable open aperture is 4.0 - 5.0. Any ideas?

I intend to donate it to a local group who provide middle and high school age children lenses to photograph if it has photographic value. Alternatively, on to Goodwill or such.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Cosina made also sold as Jenazoom: http://lens-club.ru/lenses/item/c_6959.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Pancolart.

My experience with the Vivitar's handling was the same as Nelson's regarding the CZJ branded version. I had limited experience with the performance but On first impression it was similar to Nelson's. I cut and pasted remarks from elsewhere on this Forum below:

Nelson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:14 am

Not really sharp, moreover wide open
not easy to use aperture ring since it is to close from zoom ring...